Hello, boys and girls, WesleyWhale here. I have been behind the scenes for a short time here helping Skylar-Mei with this blog. We have been considering my own content being uploaded for the past few weeks, but it seems Sky has thrown me into the deep end by nominating me for this writing challenge! Oh well, seems like a good opportunity to compose my first post. I have 10 questions to answer and 10 to ask. So, here we go…..
1. Your current plans for this weekend have unexpectedly been cancelled. What would your ideal plans be instead?
As long as I’m in good company, I’m having an ideal weekend.
2. Which game have you played the most? Approximately how many hours have you spent on this game?
Tough question. It’s much easier to answer this nowadays, as most gaming software tracks your in game time (thanks for making me feel bad about how much time I spend gaming, Steam). I think I’ve spent the most hours playing the Sci-Fi shooter, Halo 3, back in it’s heyday. I likely racked up ~3,000 hours playing this legendary game! I can’t be sure of that figure however, but a close second place would be Valve’s Dota 2. I’m currently standing on 2,431 hours on this game, and before you ask, yes I am deeply ashamed of myself….
3. You have been sent on a very important quest in a land far, far away. You may take any 3 fictional characters with you as part of your team. Who would you take with you?
Samwise Gamgee from Tolkien’s Lord Of The Rings (the true hero of the series), Solaire of Astora from Dark Souls to engage with me in jolly co-operation, and Lydia the Housecarl from The Elderscrolls V: Skyrim. Look, I don’t like Lydia. She’s slow, gets in the way and backtalks you constantly, but she is sworn to carry my burdens and someone’s gonna need to carry all the loot.
4. If you could learn one particular skill magically overnight, what skill would you choose?
I’ve always wanted to be better at the multiplayer shooter CS:GO. Not too good, because being a pro seems stressful, but I’d like to be just skilful enough to beat medium bots.
5. What’s the best anime you’ve ever watched and who was your favourite character?
I’m hardly an anime savant (weeaboo) but of the few series’ I’ve seen, I really did enjoy Konosuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! If I had to pick 1 favourite character from the many charming cast of characters, I would choose Wiz, the lich.
6. Hard copies or digital? This goes for games, music and films.
I always buy hard copies whenever I can and I would suggest everyone do the same. Call me paranoid, but I have legitimate fears of having my digital copies of games taken away from me. Having heaps of beautiful box-art on my shelves is just a bonus.
7. You wake up trapped in an alternate universe, but you can only live the rest of your days as any animal. Which animal would you choose?
I’ve really been enjoying life as a whale thus far. However, being reborn as a different animal altogether would be a really interesting opportunity to try something completely different. It seems logical to choose the animal most different from yourself. What’s the opposite of a whale?…. An owl?
8. Think of your 3 favourite meals. Now take one ingredient from each to make a new meal. What is your creation and what would you name it?
Japanese pumpkin croquettes, spinach and chickpea curry and pasta arribiata. A bit of an odd assortment here, but I guess I would take pumpkin, spinach and chilli from each dish respectively and maybe make some sort of pastry dish. Leave a comment if you want some of Mr. Whale’s Spicy Pumpkin and Spinach Tart!
9. What’s your favourite Studio Ghibli film and why?
This may be a controversial opinion, but my favourite Ghibli film isn’t Spirited Away. I personally find The Wind Rises more to my liking. I find it’s plot much more moving.
10. The protagonist from the last video game you played has challenged you to a duel. The first item to your left is their weapon and the first item to your right is your weapon. What are your weapons and who do you think will win?
That game would be Dark Souls III. In Dark Souls III you create the protagonist of the game using the series’ (slightly wonky) character creation feature. So in this case I would be up against my own creation. And here he is:
In this case, our friend Rupert here would come at me wielding an empty coffee cup and I would gallantly defend myself using this rather heavy microphone. Now, I’m a lover not a fighter, but I quite fancy my chances against this frail, mug brandishing, 80-something year old man.
And that’s a wrap. Thank you, @gamergalexe for nominating me for this challenge. I hope I didn’t disappoint.
So, as the challenge requires, here are my 10 questions:
1. What’s your favourite video game soundtrack?
Any game with a song list will do for this question, whether you like it for it’s original score or for it’s use of licenced music.
2. Who should I be following on twitter? influential
I’m new to twitter and I’m looking for some influential tweeters to follow ^_^
3. Most underrated content creator?
Which talented individual(s) do you think deserves more attention?
4. Most entertaining Twitch stream?
I personally liked the GTAV AI Deer stream, anyone remember that?
5. Gray-Mane or Battle-Born?
Got stones in your ears? I asked what side you’re on…
6. Best animal mascot?
I mean, it’s obviously Bubsy, right?
7. What’s the hardest game you’ve ever beaten?
If you’re not much of a gamer then answer: What’s the greatest challenge you’ve overcome?
8. What’s your Favourite quote from any movie?
There may or may not be a correct answer for this one.
9. Best villain?
Mwu-Hahahahaha! *lighting sfx*
10. How did I do?
This is my first time writing anything like this. I aim to keep it up and will no doubt improve my writing along the way. For now I’ll take any constructive criticism if you have any to offer…. Or praise! I’ll take praise too.
Finally, to answer my questions, I nominate YOU! Yes, You. The person reading this blog right now. You’ve been chosen. Get yourself involved. Leave answers in the comments below or write your own blog post and let me know. I look forward to reading your response.
Thanks for reading!