Patch 4.21, Shadows Over Hercopolis, is the next patch coming to Smite 7th November for PC and 14th November for Console. I didn’t get chance to watch the Patch Notes Show on Twitch last night as I normally do, so here I am watching it now and writing this post. It was a pain to find on the hireztv page though as they broadcasted it partway through the Super Regional Day 1 stream…
There will be lots of new content in this patch including a new god, new adventure and plenty of new skins!
As always, if you haven’t seen the Official Patch Notes yet, follow the link!
New God – Discordia
Discordia, Goddess of Strife, is a Roman Mage.
Contest of Gods (Passive): The allied God with the most player damage will receive a power buff from Discordia that scales on her level. The player with top damage can be shown on the T screen and will also have a pink swirly effect around them.
Unruly Magic (Ability 1): Discordia sends out a large projectile, choosing how far it travels in a straight line in front of her and damaging any enemies it passes through. This projectile then stops and splits into six smaller projectiles which bounce of walls and damage enemies hit.
Strife (Ability 2): Discordia creates an area which she can place anywhere in front of her. Any enemies in the area take damage, but if more than one enemy is in the area then they will be affected by Madness (causing them to attack each other within the area). This effect also works on minions and jungle camps, but gods can only attack other gods and minions can only attack other minions.
Erratic Behaviour (Ability 3): Discordia leaps a short distance and creates a “cloud of confusion” where she lands. This cloud gives Discordia stealth and movement speed within the area and reduces all her cooldowns for every 0.5 seconds she stays within the area. Damaging Discordia will not reveal her stealth and casting her own abilities will reveal her temporarily before she disappears again while stood in the cloud.
Golden Apple of Discord (Ultimate): Discordia throws her Golden Apple forwards in a line, bouncing off walls and obstacles it comes to and damaging and passing through any minions in its path. If it hits an enemy god, they are forced to hold the apple, crippling and intoxicating them while placing a detonate on them. After the duration the apple will explode, dealing damage and spreading the effects to nearby allies. Only gods who were affected by the original apple can pass on the effects to others.
I love the way Discordia looks and I think her kit could be quite interesting. She definitely seems like a lot of fun to play so I can’t wait to try her out in a game! Her recolour looks good too in a pink and black design.
Adventure – Shadows Over Hercopolis
Hercopolis is back, but everything has been stolen and Hercules is missing. Journey into another Dungeon in search of Hercules with 2 other players, but watch your back as there are many more obstacles to overcome.
This adventure will be very similar to the Trials of King Hercules adventure with the same PVE playstyle. It has been revealed to be at least twice as big the Trials of King Herc map, and this time there will be 3 difficulties. Some gods will be unable to be chosen to play in the game mode, some of these will differ from previous adventures, but there will still be at least 70 gods to pick from.
The easy mode will be there for absolute beginners to make them familiar with the map. I assume all players will start on this mode and can only unlock the medium mode after finishing the easy play through. The medium difficulty is designed for players who have already experienced the dungeon but need to farm for the items. This is meant to increase the farm time as people will not be put with totally new players and failing sections.
A Nightmare mode will also be added in patch 4.22 which will bring a whole new experience for players. Like in Trials of King Herc, players will need to have got all the items by farming the medium level to form a full build in order to progress to this nightmare level.
This will free to play, however there is also an Adventure bundle available costing 900 gems. This will include the Loki skin (shown below), an avatar, music theme, loading skin, golden key (for a choice of skin in the Golden Vault) and will allow players to unlock the Awesome Chest (containing exclusive skins) on completion of the adventure.
Starting with the skins associated with the Adventure:
Cursed King Cernunnos is getting a skin for the Golden Vault this patch. This skin follows the gentleman skin concepts and his coat changes colour depending on what season stance he’s in.
To get this skin you will need a Golden key to be able to unlock it from the vault. Golden keys are earned by buying the adventure bundles, each bundle containing one key, but if you buy all five bundles then you will earn a bonus key which will unlock the sixth skin in the vault.
The Agent of Darkness Loki Skin will be available as part of the Shadows Over Hercopolis Adventure bundle (see the adventure section for the bundle details). I quite like this skin as it is quite simple but detailed at the same time and the voice pack fits Loki’s character.
New Odyssey skins added this patch: Primal Shaman Ganesha and Exterminator Kali.
Other skins this patch include Vanquisher Nemesis and Ma Chérie Arachne which will both be chest exclusives and come with their own unique emotes.
I’m not keen on the voice pack for Nemesis as it does not suit her at all, but I like the creepiness of the Arachne skin and the animations and sound design are great (except the wallpaper on the ceiling).
There’s also the Wasteland Wander skin for Cu Chulainn which is only available in the Odyssey chest (containing 489 items…). This chest can be bought for 200 gems per roll or earned for every 3500 Odyssey points gained. Updated mastery skins for Kali are also coming with this patch.
Blackthorn Hammer – Decreased cost from 2300 gold to 2200 gold. The passive will now trigger at 40% health instead of 30%.
Stone of Fal – Decreased cost from 2700 gold to 2500 gold.
Relic Dagger – Health increase from 250 to 300.
- Increased base attack speed from 0.95 to 1.2 per level.
- Rain Fire – Increased Magical Power Scaling per Meteor from 60% to 70%. The cooldown per Meteor has also been reduced from 20 seconds to 18 seconds.
- Increased base health from 425 to 440, and base health per level increased from 74 to 76.
- Basic attack animations have been changed so her progression now goes 1/1/1 for both timing and damage.
- Horrible Burns – Haste is now granted when Horrible Burns is active (haste gives immunity of basic attack movement penalties).
- Pao Lao – Decreased the chain travel time from 0.5 seconds to 0.3 seconds.
- Ricochet – Ricochet bonus bounce damage now only applies to gods.
- Circle of Protection – Increased base damage early game from 160/200/240/280/320 to 180/215/250/285320.
- Unstable Vortex – Increased base damage from 90/150/210/270/330 to 100/165/230/295/360 and increased the power scaling from 70% to 80%. Double hit bonus damage has now been reduced from 30% to 20%.
- Through Space and Time – Increased both the base damage and scaling from 200/300/400/500/600 + 50% of your magical power to 300/400/500/600/700 + 75% of your magical power. Scaling per travel distance has now been altered to cap at 100% magical power scaling at 800 units rather than the 200% at 800 it was doing before.
- Weapon Master (Passive) – Now includes a passive meter that shows cooldowns in the opposite stance (similar to Artio’s).
- Bladed Arrow / Thrown Axe – Increased physical power scaling of Bladed Arrow from 70% to 80%. Increased physical power scaling of Thrown Axe from 60% to 70% and decreased the cast time from 0.4 seconds to 0.2 seconds.
- Expose Weakness – Decreased mana cost from 60-80 to 50 at all ranks.
- Hail of Arrows / Glory Bound – Updated the Targeter of Hail of Arrows to more clearly display where it is going to hit. Decreased mana cost of Glory Bound from 70-90 to 60 at all ranks
- Wield Axes – Decreased cast time from 0.3 seconds to 0.2 seconds.
All world champion’s skins are also now available for purchase: COG Scylla, NRG Chronos and Epsolon Sol and are also 25% off.
All Season Ticket passes and select E-Sports Bundles are 25% off. If you missed out on getting these limited skins then now is your last chance!