HRX happened this weekend, claiming Splyce as the Smite World Champions. Due to this huge tournament, there was no patch notes but there was plenty of announcements for upcoming content! This post will include information on new God’s announced for Season 6, the reveal of the T5 Godslayer Ares skin and other exciting additions.
Patch 5.5 will be coming to PC on 27th March and Console on 3rd April.
This patch appears to have a sci-fi theme this time with a new bunch of skins as well as further updates to Project Olympus, usual balance changes and the second Birthday Bundle.
Patch 4.23, Rally to Rome, is the next patch to be introduced to the game. This will be the last major patch of the Season to get ready for HRX. Patch 4.24 will contain some minor final changes leading up to HRX, and then we’ll be onto Season 5 before you know it!
As always, If you haven’t seen the Official Patch Notes yet, follow the link.
Defiant Bellona is the first of the Odyssey skins this patch. I actually think the card art looks way better than the skin itself. I like the idea, but I think the colours are a bit bright particularly on the effects.
Badlands Vulcan is the second Odyssey skin. I think this skin has been designed really well and it looks really good in game. The ability effects and sound design has been done very well and it has a decent voice pack.
Order and Chaos Hel is the skin everyone has been waiting on for such a long time! This is one of the skins I was most looking forward to seeing… and to be honest it hasn’t blown me away. The skin itself looks fairly simple, but I do really like how each stance has been inspired by the Order and Chaos Titans. The ability effects are pretty good and as always the voice pack has been done to fit each stance. I do like this skin, but I don’t know if it’s worth reaching Odyssey level 21 (73500 Odyssey Points).
Abyssal Knight Ares is the next skin in this patch. Not sure how you get this one to be honest, but it will probably be a chest exclusive. It reminds me of the Xing Tian skin that was awarded for Ranked last year, so maybe this skin is the alternative for this year. It looks awesome though and comes with it’s own custom emote.
Discordia now also has mastery skins alongside the mastery skin updates for Hel and Vulcan.
- Jade Emperor’s Crown – Reduced Physical Protection from 60 to 50.
- Gladiator’s Shield – Reduced Protections from 35 to 30.
- Executioner – Reduced Physical Power from 35 to 30.
- Devourer’s Gauntlet – Increased cost from 2000 to 2100.
- Hydra’s Lament – Increased basic attack basic attack damage from 30% to 40%.
- Jotun’s Wrath – Reduced cost from 2450 to 2350.
- Moonlight Charge – Increased range from 65 to 70 (bug fix as it was listed at 65 but travelled to 73).
- Gravity Surge – Increased range from 70 to 75 (to make up for the bug fix).
- Screech – Increased Physical Power buff from 10/15/20/25/10 to 20/25/30/35/40.
- Strife – Reduced Magical Power Scaling from 70% to 60%.
- Coerce – Changed his attack speed buff from 10/20/30/40/50% to 15/20/25/30/35%.
- Base movement speed increased from 350 to 355.
- Viper Shot – Increased base damage from 10/15/20/25/30 to 15/20/25/30/35.
- Divine Light –
- Increased base damage from 60/100/140/180/220 to 70/120/150/220/270.
- Increased Magical Power Scaling from 40% to 55%.
- Mana Cost Reduced from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80.
- Wind Syphon – Increased base damage from 60/75/90/105/120 to 80/105/130/155/180.
This weekend (Friday 1st December to Sunday 3rd December) earn an Enigma chest for 3 FWOTD each day!
Frostfire Ullr has also been mentioned. Although the finished design hasn’t been revealed yet, this skin will soon be here in the next patch (4.24)!
The next adventure, Shadows Over Hercopolis, was brought to Smite with patch 4.21. I was really looking forward to playing this adventure as I really enjoyed the Trials of King Hercules Adventure early this year. Once again, this mode is for 3 players who can be solo queued, parties or a mixture of both.
If you missed out on the Trials of King Hercules Adventure, follow the link to catch up on the content there.
For details on Hard mode, see the bottom of the post.
Patch 4.21 brought 2 difficulty modes to the game, Normal and Hard mode. Normal is the entry level dungeon which everyone will start on to build up their inventory and work their way through the different stages. Hard mode will become available to players who complete the dungeon on the Normal mode. I believe Hard mode will be the same as the Normal mode in terms of content, but this mode will be open to players who have already experience the dungeon and will therefore be able to complete it faster for loot. There will also be a Nightmare mode added, but this will be released with patch 4.22.
Once again there are a few gods banned in this mode as they have abilities that will not work with the PvE style of the game. These are mainly gods with pets and global abilities. The gods that are not able to be chosen are: Ao Kuang, Apollo, Chronos, Erlang Shen, Hades, Hercules, Izanami, Janus, Jing Wei, Loki, Nu Wa, Rama, Ratatoskr, Susano, Thanatos, The Morrigan, Thor,
Clicking on the Adventures tab on the Smite homepage will open the Hercopolis menu. Like before in the Trials of King Herc Adventure, you will be able to use the facilities around Hercopolis but you will notice that the town’s statue is missing.
There are different quests you can complete at the different areas in the town, starting with the Blacksmith. You will need to complete these quests in order. If it’s like the last adventure, players who haven’t purchased the bundle will only be able to complete the quests at the Blacksmith and Church and won’t be able to use any of the town services in any area even if the currency has been unlocked.
The town services at the Treasury will only become available after completing the “Defeat the Surtr” quest at the Church, even if you have purchased the bundle. These services will allow you to turn your Diamonds into Smite Gems and your Rubies into Gold to spent on item chests.
If you click on the missing statue in the middle of the town, you will see that you can collect pieces of it from chests throughout the dungeon. Collecting all the pieces of the statue will award you with the Legion Hercules skin (250 gem skin).
The bundle costs 900 gems and comes with the Agent of Darkness Loki skin, a music pack, avatar, loading skin and Golden Key (for a choice of skin in the Golden Vault) and will also unlock all of the town content for the Shadows Over Hercopolis Adventure. If you’re interested in the Adventure, I suggest buying this bundle as you will be able to purchase items rather than just looting them which will make the collection process so much faster and far less of a grind. Buying the bundle will also allow you to unlock an Awesome Chest, 2 Enigma Chests, 10 Minor Chests and earn up to 100 gems for completing certain quests throughout the process.
So far, I have spent about 4 hours on this Adventure and I’ve only defeated the Draugr once despite being in numerous parties with different team compositions and item combinations. Obviously I don’t have many items yet and to me it feels much slower to farm items and gold than it did in the last Adventure. This may be because the Rare item chest rolls cost 2000 gold this time instead of 1500 gold, and since the dungeon is a lot bigger it takes longer to get to chests and boss sections.
This is the team I defeated the Draugr with and the items we had for the run:
*Edit: I have now been playing this Adventure for about 9 hours and only just managed to defeat the Surtr. It’s a long process, but once you’ve completed the “Defeat the Surtr” quest and unlocked the use of the Treasury services then it seems like it will speed up a bit since you can turn Rubies into 3000 Gold to spent on an Epic item.
Some heroes I recommend are Aphrodite, Hel, Amaterasu, Bellona, Artemis, Cernunnos and AMC as these are the Gods I have found to perform best, however, it does depend on what items you have.
I’m not going to feature any spoilers in this post, but all I will say is that defeating the Draugr is not the end of the Normal mode…
Hope you all have fun and safe travels on your journey into the depths of the dungeon!
I’ve found that 2 ADCs (Cern, AMC, Anhur or Ullr) and Aphrodite work best. I’ve also beat Loki with players who have yet to collect a full item build (as shown below), so just give people a chance as it is doable.
After you defeat Surtr, you will drop through the floor and into the next section in an underground jail. Here you will have to fight your way through a number of familiar enemies to unlock the gate leading to Loki.
I have defeated Loki 4 times now with different line ups and builds. Here are a few screen shots showing some of them if you’re struggling.
Loki Trinkets don’t drop every time, so you might have to defeat Loki multiple times before getting the trinkets needed to open the Awesome, Enigma (x2) and Minor (x10) chests.
I haven’t tried Nightmare mode as I’m not really bothered about getting the Avatar, and from videos I’ve seen, it looks like it’s going to be difficult for people who aren’t playing in parties. The Animated version of the Avatar that comes with the bundle is the only extra reward you will receive by completing Nightmare mode.
Here again! Smite’s 4.16: Summer Knockout Patch Notes have been aired, due in game for PC on 29th August and Console 5th September. This is quite a small patch compared to what we’ve had recently, but I think patch 4.17 will make up for that.
The new Japanese Hunter Hachiman will be feature in 4.17 (those of you watching Twitch may have seen a tiny sneak peak) and the Odyssey 2018 will be here in the next few patches (not sure when but it normally starts at the end of September, so not long now)!
Since Hi-Rez changed their website, it seems to be more difficult to find their Patch Notes on there (it’s under the news tab), so if you haven’t seen the Official Patch Notes yet, follow the link (I always post the link here anyway)!
Vivox – TeamSpeak has been added in game for Ranked, custom games and parties. No additional software will be needed for this feature which people have been requesting for a long time. Personally I don’t enjoy games with voice features (the main reason why I never got into DotA) as people will just abuse the feature and harass players, shouting abuse at them. However, I do understand that this is a very important feature as the game is heavily team orientated and therefore having this within parties and in ranked will be a positive tool for players to use. After all, we all know as handy as VGS is, it’s not the easiest thing to use to tell your team what to do. I just hope this doesn’t make it to casual games as I don’t want to hear people shouting down their microphones when it should be casual gameplay… Obviously though, there will be a mute tool somewhere!
Glossary – A glossary has also been added which will feature some gaming terminology for those of you who are new and haven’t picked it all up yet.
Ranked Duel – Players will now get more bans during the drafting phase. This patch will increase the bans from 6 to 8 (4 each player).
Here are the final Summer of Smite skins:
I like that they have focused their attention on giving male Gods some beachwear outfits. I like that Cu Chulainn’s abilities use water effects and his Berserk form’s abilities use sand effects. This is a nice little feature for different stances. Not sure where the Berserk form got the sunglasses from though…
Xbalanque also has a Tiki themed skin like Ah Puch. This skin is pretty simple with some nice fire effects and tiki torches for the ultimate, but I like that about it. I much prefer skins themed like Fire Dancer Xbal which have more of a realistic theme to them as I feel they suit the game style a lot better.
This is the Bearly Buzzed Bacchus skin. They style is very different to what Hi-Rez have done before. It’s quite cartoony, but Bacchus’ animations fit the bear character and although I don’t like the skin enough to purchase all the Summer of Smite skins to unlock it for myself, I think this skin is something new, fresh and it isn’t too OTT. This skin also comes with it’s own personal emote which makes the bear run around being chased by bees. his voice pack also sounds like Disney’s Goofy…
Terra has a new skin coming to this patch too! This Dropkick Terra skin will be in a bundle containing a Punch Bag Ward, Global Emote and a Cutesy Dropkick Avatar for 450 gems. $1 of all purchases made will go to Connor’s Cure charity for paediatric cancer.
Normally I just select the best skins to feature in my Patch Notes, but Hi-Rez have really improved with their quality of skins and I actually really like all the skins this Patch, but I think this Serenity Vamana skin is probably my favourite.
I was really happy when Vamana had his visual update as before he looked rather creepy and really outdated. This is the first skin (other than his recolour and mastery skins) that has been released with the new model, and I love it! The Sci-Fi theme has been tastefully done and the voice pack is really relaxed and true to his pantheon which is great. I hope this is a 400 gem skin for direct purchase and not in a chest.
This is a Tier 2 skin for Ganesha. I really love the armour he’s wearing and the bowl of skulls a nice touch. This is themed on the Hindu lore where the God’s would have an alternate war appearance, and I definitely think this Ganesha looks like he means business!
The audio countdown for Tipping Fantasy Points at the end of matches has been removed.
Many God’s have had description changes to associate some spawns as pets. This includes Arachne’s Broodlings, Kuzenbo’s Nene Kappa, Loki’s Decoy and Sun Wu Kong’s Decoy.
Ganesha now also has a number under his passive meter displaying how many kills he awarded other players throughout the game.
Sunder – Decreased cooldown from 160 – 140 seconds for both standard and upgraded relic.
Heavenly Wings – Decreased Movement Speed from 40% to 30% for both standard and upgraded relic.
Magic Shell – Decreased Health Sheild Scaling per level from 15-12, increased cooldown from 140 – 150 seconds.
Shaman’s Ring – Increased cost from 2200 – 2300 gold, increased Magical Power from 60 – 80 and the passive now only applies from damaging abilities.
Telkines Ring – Decreased cost from 2700 – 2400 gold, and stacks for it’s passive can now be gained from Damage over Time (DoT).
Dynasty Plate Helm – Increased Physical Protections from 25 – 35.
- Maul Prey – Decreased base damage from 50-170 to 40-160 and decreased power scaling from 35% to 30% per Swipe.
- Life Tap – Decreased slow per stack from 20% to 10% and decreased self healing from 15-35 to 10-30 per hit.
- Time Rift – Decreased magical power scaling from 85% to 80%.
- Accelerate – Decreased the attack damage buff from 45% to 35% when in Section IV of his passive.
- Barbed Spear – Increased healing reduction from 40% to 50%.
- Scarab’s Blessing – This ability had a very tiny time gap to allow players to interrupt the ability. Now Scarab’s Blessing will be cast on the target immediately to prevent interruptions.
- Permafrost – Altered the movement speed Skadi gains from 40% at all ranks to 20-40% scaling with levels. Power scaling has also been decreased from 60% to 50%.
- Increased base movement speed from 365 to 370.
- Wind Siphon – Reduced cooldown from 18 seconds to 16 seconds.
Receive a Cutesy Avatar Chest roll for 3 FWOTDs from 25th – 27th August. A new avatar has also been added of Sun Wu Kong’s tiger form with the new Earl Wubert St. Kongfrey skin. Make sure you get those wins to earn your chest rolls!
Corrupted Arena is the new patch coming to Smite this week (15th August for PC, 22nd August for console) bringing along with it a new adventure, more Summer of Smite skins, plenty of item changes and a fair amount of bug fixes.
As always, if you haven’t seen the Official 4.15 Patch Notes follow the link.
Firstly the new adventure, Corrupted Arena, is the 4th adventure brought to Smite. A 5th adventure has also been announced for release later this year. If you have bought all the adventure bundles so far and continue to purchase the others (so you have purchased all 5) you will receive and extra golden key to unlock the final skin in the vault.
The Corrupted Arena will be an altered Arena Map. The new map will have a separate queue so the standard arena map will still be available to play throughout the time of the adventure. The new map will feature a few obstacles and new features, including beginning the game with holes in the floor of the map and the arena will evolve as the game progresses – new holes will form and things will drop from the sky.
A few items and gods have been banned from this game mode including Magi’s Blessing and Stone of Gaia due to the CC immunity they provide. Kukulkan will be banned along with anyone with a pet, e.g. Skadi, Erlang Shen and even Changé due to the pet not respawning after falling down a hole.
Players will gain points for spending time in the arena and extra points will be awarded for winning games. Points earn shards which are used to purchase things in game. There are 24 items to purchase and when they have all been collected, an Awesome Chest will be awarded. I’m not sure yet what will happen if some items bought with shards are already owned… I plan to do a post when the adventure is released so be sure to check that out next week for further details!
Purchasing the bundle will unlock the Kukulkan skin (see below), ward, music theme, avatar and a Golden Key all for 900 gems. The bundle will also give 2500 points as well as doubling the amount of points earned by playing. Extra points/shards can also be bought for 200 gems.
The skins involved with the adventure are Dragon’s Rage Kukulkan and Dragonskin Skadi. I had actually seen the card art for these skins already from Datamining a few weeks ago and I’ve been so excited to see them since then. Both these skins are Limited and will not be available again.
I love the Kukulkan skin so much. Everything about it is great! Hi-Rez have really put a lot of effort into making this skin look so great – altering the model and animations and giving him such a great sounding voice pack. Really excited about this one and I’m surprised this skin is the skin that comes with the bundle and not the skin put into the vault.
I really like to Skadi skin too. I love the firey twist to this skin and the changes to Kaldr (who is now called Smoldr). The voice pack is pretty good too with a darker twist
There are two new Summer of Smite skins added with this patch, Fabulous Chiron and Sun Kissed Amaterasu. See my Summer of Smite post here for further details about this event.
I really like the Amaterasu skin and I think I’ll be purchasing this one as I’m playing her a lot recently. I like how Hi-Rez have kept her original style but themed it to fit summer in way that suits her character.
And now onto a skin that does not fit the character at all…
When I saw this card art earlier on Twitter before the show I had no words. Then when I actually saw it and heard the voice pack and the jokes it made me want to throw up. What the hell have they done to Chiron?! I get that they wanted something different, but this is going too far. They could’ve just made him a centaur-corn without all the over the top and inappropriate voice lines and the outfit. Sorry Hi-Rez, but this has gone too far.
There’s also a dark elf themed skin for Artemis, a gentleman skin for Sun Wukong (probably Gentleman’s chest) and an E-Sport Noble skin for Zeus (e-sports bundle).
Due to the changes to Ichaival, a lot of the items tailored to hunters have been altered slightly to help make up for the losses that Ichaival gave throughout the game. Many players were keeping Ichaival rather than swapping it out for something else late game, so the item had been toned down and other items buffed to encourage alternative builds. Since I rarely build Ichaival anyway, this patch will be interesting from my point of view.
- Reduced attack speed from 30% to 25%.
- Decreased Physical Power Buff and Debuff from 10 per stack to 7.
- Reduced attack speed from 30% to 25%.
- Decreased Physical Power Buff from 10 per stack to 7. Will still give the 15 Magical Power Debuff applied to enemies.
- Reduced cost from 2050 gold to 2000 gold.
- Increased Physical Power from 25 to 30.
- Increased Physical Power per stack from 0.4 to 0.5.
- Decreased maximum stacks from 75 to 70.
- At maximum stacks, Power increased from 30 to 35, Lifesteal decreased from 15% to 14%.
- Decreased cost from 1750 to 1700.
- Increased lifesteal from 15% to 20%.
- Reduced cost from 2850 to 2800.
- Increased Physical Power from 30 to 35.
- Reduced cost from 3200 to 3000.
- Increased Crit chance from 15% to 20%.
- Reduced cost from 2300 to 2150.
- Reduced cost from 2300 to 2150.
Stone of Gaia:
- New Passive: When hit by a knockup, knockback, pull or grab, gain 10% of your maximum health over the next 10 seconds. Can only take effect every 90 seconds.
- Still grants 2% health regeneration of maximum health every 5 seconds.
- Removed the base 15 Magical Protection.
- Shifter’s Shield still gives 35 Physical and Magical Protections when your health is below the threshold.
- Reduced Physical Protection from 45 to 35,
- Reduced cost from 2400 to 2300.
- Increased Physical Power from 25 to 30.
- Enery Surge/Maul Prey: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 12 seconds for both stances.
- Entangling Vines/Ferocious Roar: Entangling Vines will now go on cooldown when the duration of the ability ends rather than when it was first cast, resulting in a longer cooldown. Ferocious Roar protections have been decreased from 10-50 to 10-30 protections.
- Bat out of Hell: Decreased damage per swoop from 140-300 to 120-300.
- Pulse – Decreased damage from 30-70 to 25-65.
- Reduced base attack speed from 1 to 0.95.
- Astral Strike – Decreased bonus damage from 15-55 to 10-50.
New Smite Game Website with a complete visual update. Updated info on gods and items and a new item builder. Follow the link at the top of the page for a link to the patch notes on the new website.
Console changes. New controller options so players can customise some of their controls. I’m a PC player so this doesn’t apply to me, if you want to find out more then please read the original patch notes for more details. I don’t know the controls, the hud layout or anything on console so I wouldn’t want to misinform anyone.
PC memory improvements have been updated. The game should now run with a much improved performance, especially on less powerful machines.
There have been many bug fixes in this patch (so many for me to list) so check the official patch notes on details about these.
Triumphant Chests have had their descriptions updated so now it’s been made clearer as to what you can get from each chest.
Arena Gold Spooling has increased from 6 gold to 8 gold per second. This will now allow players to reach and play with a full build before the end of the game.
Also receive x2 favour all weekend long from 11th August to 13th August.
This Patch is a big one! For those of you that didn’t see that Patch Notes show last night, it went on for an hour and a half, an hour of which was just Hinduman and Ajax reading out all the changes to relics, balance and gods. My head hurt. Because it was live from Dreamhack, Valencia (which started today on twitch.tv/hireztv) they didn’t have their usual set up so it seemed to go on forever.
Anyway, here are the 4.13 Official Patch Notes as usual.
There’s so much that I don’t even know where to start! The Summer of Smite is returning this patch and a new reward system has been added, but I will talk more about those later.
Project Olympus is a new project designed to make the gaming performance better for players. Listed below are all the features that are being added with this patch but there will be more added in upcoming patches running up to Season 5!
Engine and Systems (all added with patch 4.13):
- Support for DirectX 11 video cards
- 64-bit client support
- High-definition texture DLC for PC — improves the performance and visual quality of gods and maps.
- Screen Percentage Graphics Support — allows players a finer control over video performance.
- Multi-Queuing for Casual Modes
- Brand-new Wisdom Video area with 30+ tutorial videos for both new and experienced players.
- Prestige Levels – Allowing players to go from level 30 all the way to level 160!
- Triumphant Chests — This is a new system that allows players to collect chests in a systematic way for each win! Players will have the ability to speed up their acquisition of chests with favor or gems.
- Siege Map optimizations and improvements! Game rules have been revisited and map environment optimized.
- Console Notifications Log — This is a long-awaited feature that allows console players to see events that have occurred during their play session.
I took this from the Official Smite Project Olympus page, so check that out if you want to see what will hopefully be added in patches 4.14 and 4.15!
Just to highlight a few things from Project Olympus:
Prestige Levelling – comes with new achievements.
- Follower Prestige – Reach Level 31.
- Acolyte Prestige – Reach Level 51.
- Elder Prestige – Reach Level 71.
- Ethereal Prestige – Reach Level 91.
- Divine Prestige – Reach Level 111.
- Immortal Prestige – Reach Level 131.
- Godlike Prestige – Reach Level 151.
- Ultimate Prestige – Reach Level 160.
According to Ajax there are fewer than 100 people who are the maximum level of 160 (works out about 5.5 million XP), so I’m interested to see what level I come out at.
You can now earn chests weekly by winning games. Not 100% sure how this will work yet but it sounds like you have 4 slots to win chests per week which will be reset on Tuesdays. You will be able to buy extra slots to unlock more chests with 2750 favour or 75 gems each week. There will be different types of chest, including the new Godlike chest which will include the new Head Over Heels Cupid skin (his head is even bigger than usual).
There have been so many changes to conquest. I suggest you check the official patch notes for those as there are too many number changes for me to list here. The main change has been experience decreases during the game and the Phoenix base health and respawn health being super buffed (respawn health from 5% to 25%)!
Siege has been looked at as well this patch. New trees have been added to reduce frame rate issue, the attack speed buff is now a movement speed buff, pre-game has been reduced to 60 seconds and now when killing a Siege Juggernaut (in lane) the team who defeats it will receive 75 XP and 100 gold.
Clash XP spooling was 6XP now down to 4XP, and Joust will have reduced gold spooling from 8 gold to 6 gold.
- Aegis (Upgrade) – No longer cleanses roots and slows.
- Blink (Upgrade) – Gives 10% damage reduction for 2 seconds after blinking.
- Bracer – Increased health and mana lost from 50% to 60% in last 5 seconds, and no longer takes off 3 seconds from abilities currently on cooldown. (Can’t believe they actually buffed this!)
- Bracer (Upgrade) – Added the 3 second subtraction back to all abilities on cooldown but increased cooldown from 100 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Cursed Anhk (Upgrade) – Now increases mana costs for enemies by 20% and increases enemy cooldowns for of abilities used during cast time by 2 seconds.
- Heavenly Wings – Now gives slow immunity on both standard and upgraded versions.
- Horrific Emblem (Upgrade) – Now all enemies in the radius deal 20% less damage to allies.
- Magic Shell – Now gives a health shield for 3 seconds on activation (like Geb’s shield) for 100 health and 15 health per level. The upgraded version also blocks 2 basic attacks.
- Meditation (Upgarde) – Now gives a buff reducing allies mana costs by 30% and reducing cooldowns to abilities cast by 1 second. HP5/MP5 buff removed.
- Phantom Veil – Removed 40% crowd control reduction and knockup immunity.
- Phantom Veil (Upgrade) – Added 40% CC reduction and knockup immunity and reduced damage taken by 15%.
- Thorns (Upgrade) – Enemies can only lifesteal up to 50% on people using thorns.
- Sunder – Removed True damage and added damage dealing 15% of target’s current health. Removed increased damage buff (this is basically now useless). Upgrade gives 20% increased damage taken to the target.
- Teleport – Can no longer teleport to wards until upgraded.
HASTENED FATALIS HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GAME!
Although this item has been removed, the haste effect has been separated and added to three different, but similar, items:
- Hastened Katana – For Melee Physical Gods only. 25 Physical Power, 20% Attack Speed and 10% Movement Speed.
- Hastened Ring – For Magical Gods only. 50 Magical Power, 20% Attack Speed and 7% Movement Speed.
- Atalanta’s Bow (Build from Hunter’s Bow) – Not sure if this is just for hunters or if it is for any physical God. 30 Physical Power and 20% Attack Speed.
Witchblade has also had it’s antiheal passive removed and another antiheal item has therefore been created. Toxic blade is a new antiheal item designed for antiheal on basic attacks, great for hunters and some assassins. Each basic attack adds 20% reduced healing which can stack 3 times and lasts for 5 seconds.
Shaman’s Ring has been re-designed into an evolving item. The passive now gives you a stack each time you deal 100 damage to an enemy which can stack up to 50 times. Once you reach 50 stacks, you can mark an enemy by hitting them with an ability. Then for 5 seconds, damage dealt by you will increase by 10% on the marked enemy.
Rangda’s Mask is now also an evolving item. Now you gain 1% movement speed and 1% cooldown reduction per stack (gaining a stack for an assist or 2 stacks for a kill) and upon reaching 10 stacks, the icon will evolve and grant you 15 penetration.
Frostbound Hammer has also been nerfed for ranged Gods. Ranged basic attacks give a 20% slow, but a 30% slow still remains for melee Gods.
Celestial Legion Helm has also been changed. Every 2 seconds you gain a stack of 10 physical protections as long as you have not been hit by physical damage for 5 seconds. When you are hit with physical damage these stacks are removed per instance of damage.
Vampiric Shroud has had its lifesteal removed, and now gives 6 health and 3 mana per target hit. If you hit a minion wave with 1 ability, you will get health and mana per minion, not per ability.
Relic Dagger has had its attack speed removed, health increased from 200 to 250 and it now reduces all relic cooldowns by 30 seconds.
Telkhines Ring has had a huge change. The 20% attack speed has been removed and replaced by 10% movement speed and, the new passive, each time you deal damage with an ability you gain a stack of 20 magical power which can stack up to 3 times and lasts 5 seconds.
- Passive – After casting 5 abilities, Raijin’s abilities that are on cooldown will have their cooldown reduced by 1 second.
- Percussive Storm – Increased damage from 25 – 85 to 35 – 95, decreased mana cost from 80 – 100 to 50 – 70 and the first 2 shots have been adjusted to travel down the centre of the targeter.
- Raiju – Deals 15 – 55 damage every 0.5 seconds over 2.5 seconds. A slow of 15% has also been added to the marked target and when Raiju is triggered, the target is slowed by 30% and the 15% slow spreads to nearby enemies. The cooldown has been reduced from 18 seconds to 15-11 seconds.
- Thunder Crash – Raijin is now targetable until he leaves to his new location.
- Taiko Drums – Damage on the Taunt and Fear has been reduced from 50% to 30%. The sounds and animations have also been changed to help distinguish which drum is being used. The cast time has also increased from 4.5 seconds to 7 seconds.
Ao Kuang – New passive: Each time Ao Kuang executes an enemy God with his ultimate, he gains a permanent stack of 15 magical power and 5% magical lifesteal. This stacks up to three times. His base mana stats have also been adjusted due to his passive change.
Bakasura – Upon eating a large minion at 33% health, Bakasura gains two minions for his ultimate. His ultimate has also been decreased to from 90 seconds to 90-70 seconds level permitting.
Chronos – Wheel of time (old passive) has been featured into Accelerate. The new passive gives Chronos 3 magical power every 2 minutes which can stack up to 25 times (50 mins fully stacked with a total of 75 magical power).
Chiron – Training Exercise now adds marks to enemies hit for Masterful Shot.
Kuzenbo – Nene Kappa now slows upon the initial shell hit. Sumo Slam now has a sharper turn radius and the cooldown has been decreased from 16 seconds to 16-12 seconds. Watery Grave (ultimate) now knocks enemies up more and doesn’t push them away as far.
Ne Zha – Increased the time by 0.25 seconds for an opponent to use beads before being taken into the air in Wind Fire Wheels. Also, players who have been ulted by Ne Zha will have their beads silenced while in the air so they cannot be wasted, as at this point using beads will do nothing to save them.
Nemesis – Slice and Dice damage increased from 80 – 280 to 100 – 340 and slow decrease from 30 – 50% to 30% at all ranks. Protection shred on Divine Judgement has been decreased to 30%.
Nu Wa – Clay Soldiers can now be selected to target a certain enemy within 40 units. They do not need to have a target selected to be cast, but selecting a target will cause the minions to run through everything to get to the target and chase the target until the enemy or the clay soldiers die. The clay soldiers can also dash through other targets and add the debuff (magical protection shred), but they will only damage the target
Susano – Susano has a new passive. Each time he damages an enemy with an ability he gains a stack up to 4. At 4 stacks, his next ability will do 25 + 60% of his physical power.
Lets break all this text up with some card art! Not many skins this patch, but Cernunnos has a new T2 (250 gem) skin, Cu Chulainn has Mastery skins and Freya has a new sci-fi themed skin (not sure how you get this one, but it looks like a 400 gem skin to me).
Daji and Kuzenbo also have new skins as part of the Summer of Smite event. These are exclusive skins and will be directly purchasable in game during the time of the event (most likely 400 gems each).
I actually can’t believe Kuzenbo has ANOTHER skin! He has so many and is pretty new himself, and I don’t see him picked much at all. Maybe his buffs will alter that as well as how different this skins is. I personally like the Foxy Lady Da Ji one even though I didn’t think I would so I’ll probably be buying it at somepoint. I’ll see what other skins the Summer of Smite has to offer first!
Summer of Smite:
The Summer of Smite will have 8 skins. From the pictures I have seen it looks like the skins will be for:
- The Morrigan
- Cu Chulainn
I’m not sure if these skins are all purchasable exclusives (while the event is active) or if one of them will be the Limited reward for purchasing all the other ones. The way Ajax was describing it sounds like you buy a skin, complete 2 quests and then you can pick your extra reward, e.g. pedestal. If that’s the case then there will be 7 bonus rewards that you can earn alongside the skins.
There are seven keepsakes to claim, plus an ultimate reward only available when you collect all eight Skins: one honey of a Limited Skin, only available during Summer of SMITE 2017!
Sounds like the Bacchus Bear skin could to be the limited reward… but if so then what will be the 8th skin you will have to buy to earn this reward? I guess we’ll find out soon.
*Edit: The 8th skin is Freaky Tiki Ah Puch which will be available for purchase. The Limited skin is indeed the Bearly Buzzed Bacchus skin which is only obtainable through purchasing the other 8 skins.
For any other information please visit the Official Summer of Smite page.
The Odyssey 2018 T5 skin has been announced. Check out my T5 winner post to find out the result!
Artio is the next God coming to Smite in patch 4.14. She is a Celtic Guardian and will be a stance changing god (like Hel) with a Druid form and a Bear form. I’m looking forward to seeing how she will turn out and maybe I might actually find a Guardian that I like to play!
If you haven’t linked your Smite account to your Twitch account, do it now! Watching Smite tournaments will award you with chests such as the Regular and Big Event chests which can drop fantasy points, gems, the Twitch Ymir and Bellona skin as well as other chest drops and Exclusive skin drops. Today I got an Odyssey 2017 chest (giving me Agni’s VP) and I won a Ra’Merica skin!
To celebrate Dreamhack, you receive double fantasy points until 16th July so it’s time to earn those next level rewards. I’ve been saving my fantasy point boosters for this so I know what I’ll be doing all weekend! Heads up – the Fall Season Ticket is due to release in patch 4.14.
Gem Packs are 33% off on all platforms until July 19th! If you’re thinking of buying anything from the Summer of Smite, now is a good time to get prepared.
Lastly, the Venus Aphrodite skin is now available as part of a Hand of the Gods bundle. The bundle is on sale for $14.99 (25%) off at the moment (about £11.50) but will later be available for purchase at $19.99 if you want to purchase it at a later date.
Congrats to anyone who read this far, you deserve a medal!