Another patch is here, just in time for E3! Olorun, the next God available in Smite, was announced at E3 and will be coming to the game on 25th June! Not only that, there will be an excellent selection of skins coming over the course of the next month too – some of the best we’ve seen in a while! The regular God balance and item changes are included too as well as the announcements of the winners for two community skin contests! After the disappointment from last patch, I honestly can’t wait for this one!
Olorun – Ruler of the Heavens
Yoruba Pantheon / Mage ADC
Passive: Touch of Fate – When reaching 150 Magical Power from items, Olorun gains 15% Critical Hit Chance as well as an additional 1% per 10 Magical Power from items. These crits deal 50% of the damage physical crits would deal. Olorun also gains 5% extra scaling on his basic attacks.
Ability 1: Focused Light – Olorun charges a ball of energy for up to 2 seconds which cannot be cancelled but can be released anytime within the 2 seconds. The longer the ability is charged, the further it travels, piercing through minions and stopping on the first enemy God hit, damaging them for 100/140/180/220/260 +55% magical power. This ability can crit and also provides stacks for Overflowing Divinity. Cooldown, 12 seconds.
Ability 2: Overflowing Divinity – Olorun gains 40% increased attack speed for 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds. While the buff is activated, every successful basic attack grants a stack which can be fired to damage enemies in a specified area. This can stack up to 20 times and can be stored to be used later (this has to be fired during the buff or up to 4 seconds after usage). The projectiles fire randomly within the area, firing at a faster pace with more stacks. Each hit deals 30/40/50/60/70 damage +10% magical power but deals 10% less damage to the same enemy which reduces each hit up to 80% reduction. Cooldown, 14 seconds.
Ability 3: Consecration – Olorun knocks back enemies as well as slowing them by 20% and dealing 60/80/100/120/140 damage +20% magical power. Allies within the range are also healed for 10/15/20/25/30 +5% magical power per tick over 5 seconds. Each ally healed grants Olorun 8/10/12/14/16 physical and magical protections per ally. Cooldown, 14 seconds.
Ultimate: Sanctified Field – Olorun calls upon Olodumare and Olofi, creating an area of divine energy which alters the course of time. Enemies caught in the area have their movement speed, attack speed and cast speed slowed by 40% for 5 seconds. Olorun also gains 30% movement and attack speed while stood in the area and other buffs / debuffs / projectiles and deployables are also affected (e.g. tower shots). Cooldown, 140/130/120/110/100.
Death Lotus Da Ji / Exclusive / Battle for Olympus – Rightful Heir Chest
Tiger’s Fury Achilles / Exclusive / Battle for Olympus – Rightful Heir Chest
Clockwork Chaos Discordia / Exclusive / Battle for Olympus – Rightful Heir Chest
Mothman AMC / Exclusive / Battle for Olympus – Rightful Heir Chest
Seraph Horus / Exclusive / Battle for Olympus – Rightful Heir Chapter Reward
Biohacker Chernobog / Exclusive / Biohacker Chest
Biohacker Kali / Exclusive / Biohacker Chest
Plushie Jormungandr / Exclusive / Plushie Friends Chest
Vigilante Susano / Exclusive / Vigilante Chest
Console players can now use text only unique VGS commands to improve communication during lobbies. Custom messaging is also available in lobbies as it normally is in game.
The friends list now has a ‘Decline All’ option for friend requests so players no longer have to manually decline friend requests individually.
Vivox communication can now be used on Nintendo Switch.
Matchmaking for crossplay has been changed to make it far more likely for players to be matched with other players using the same peripherals. If players in a party are using different peripherals, then other players will be matched with players using the same as the majority of the party.
Odysseus’ Bow – Decreased base damage from 30 to 15 on passive.
Charged Bow – Decreased base damage from 20 to 15 on passive.
Malice – Decreased cost from 3000 gold to 2650 gold, increased cooldown reduction from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
Doom Orb – Decreased cost from 3200 gold to 3000 gold.
Rod of Asclepius – Updated description to state this item is only affected by healing abilities.
Rod of Healing – Updated description to state this item is only affected by healing abilities.
Gem of Isolation – Decreased slow from 25% to 20%, decreased slow duration from 2 seconds to 1 second.
- Gift of the Gods – Increased protections per level from 1.5 to 2.
- Shield of Achilles – Increased falloff damage from 70% to 85%.
- Basic Attacks – Fixed the text to display the final swing lasts 1 second.
- Dragon Call – Decreased ranged attack slow from 30% to 20%.
- Wild Storm – Increased cooldown from 7 seconds to 9 seconds.
- Shield Wall – Increased damage of initial hit from 60/95/130/165/200 to 70/110/150/190/230.
- Pre-emptive Strike – Slow duration increased from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0/2.25 seconds to 2.25 seconds at all ranks.
- Soul Explosion – Decreased health per spawned soul from 95/130/165/200/235 health to 60/100/140/180/220.
- Stygian Torment – Decreases cooldown from 115/110/105/100/95 seconds to 100 seconds at all ranks.
- Barbed Spear – Increased scaling from 45% to 55%.
- Northern Lights – Fixed an issue where Freya was healing more than intended.
- Water Cannon – Decreased damage from 70/125/180/235/290 to 70/120/170/220/270.
- Atlas of the Yellow River – Decreased movement speed and slow from 30/35/40/45/50% to 25/30/35/40/45%.
- Updraft – Decreased cooldown from 18/17/16/15/14 seconds to 16/16/15/15/14 seconds.
- Consuming Bellow – Decreased base damage bonus from 20/30/40/50/60 to 20/25/30/35/40.
- Rising Dawn – Increased damage from 10/13/16/19/22 per tick to 10/14/18/22/26 per tick.
- Solar Flare – Decreased cooldown from 16 seconds to 14 seconds.
- Scarab’s Blessing – Updated description to state executed targets will not be revived.
- Universe Ring Toss – Fixed an issue where the ring wouldn’t bounce from certain targets, e.g. Loki Decoy.
- Flaming Spear – Fixed an issue where an extra basic attack animation would occur.
- Armillary Sash – Now applies a stun without diminishing returns (always lasts the same amount of time) so enemies won’t be able to move away before Ne Zha reaches them. Ne Zha is now grounded when damaging enemies mid air if they are in process of being knocked up. Fixed an issue where the area damage would sometimes miss, FX have been updated to display this better.
- Wind Fire Wheels – Adjusted UI elements so they will not be hidden by Ne Zha’s passive meter. Fixed an issue where Ne Zha would slide past the enemy instead of locking on.
- Relentless – Increased duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Sandstorm – Fixed an issue where this ability would go on cooldown if interrupted before dashing.
- Kingslayer – Decreased pre-fire time from 0.8 seconds to 0.33 seconds.
- Changeling – Fixed an issue where The Morrigan would get stuck if killed during Jormungandr’s Ultimate.
- Frost Breath – Reduced cooldown from 18 seconds to 16 seconds.
Community Skin Contest 2019 – Kitsune Artio has won the Community vote! This skin will be created and added to the game in the near future!
Odyssey 2020 T5 Skin Vote – Symbiote Hunter Baron Samedi is the winner of the vote and will receive the next Limited T5 skin for the Odyssey 2020 ultimate reward! This skin will be available around December / January time. The Odyssey will return sometime in September.
Twitch Prime Hades – The last day to get your hands on this skin will be the 27th June.
As always, you can view the Official Patch Notes here!