Patch 6.5 is here with the Neo Olympia update. This patch feature some separate game mode updates, the usual God balance and a truck load of new skins. This patch should be released on Monday 27th May going by the previous patch schedules, although this hasn’t be confirmed.
To me, this has been the most underwhelming patch in a long time, probably due to the double God release last patch. There hasn’t been many drastic changes this time and it only really consists of minor tweaks. Out of the 14 skins that were announced, I only like one of them (and a fair few are enough to make you cringe). This patch also begins the third instalment to the Battle Pass. It doesn’t feel like a moment has passed since the last one and they expect people to buy these every 8 weeks… I don’t think so. I remember when the Season Ticket cost 400 gems for the entire year.
Warmaker Vulcan / Exclusive / Battle Pass lvl 0
Powersurge Awilix / Exclusive / Battle Pass lvl 20
Data Dealer Da Ji / Exclusive / Battle Pass lvl 40
Warmaker Cerberus / Exclusive / Battle Pass lvl 60
Battle for Olympus:
Cove Queen Nu Wa / Standard / Battle for Olympus – Usurper Chest
Howler Demon Hun Batz / Standard / Battle for Olympus – Usurper Chest
Pendragon King Arthur / Standard / Battle for Olympus – Rightful Heir Chest
Sashimi Neko Bacchus / Standard / Battle for Olympus – Rightful Heir Chest
Unichrome Set / Exclusive / Battle for Olympus – Usurper Chapter Reward
Seraph Horus / Exclusive / Battle or Olympus – Rightful Heir Chapter Reward
This skin will not be available until at least Patch 6.6. Only the Card Art has been shown.
Winds of Change Kukulkan / Limited T5 / Ultimate Battle of Olympus Reward
This is only the current concept and may be subject to change.
Touchdown Vamana / Exclusive / Independence Chest
Freedom Overload Poseidon / Exclusive / Independence Chest
Luminous Bastet / Exclusive / Extraterrestrial Chest
Prince of Darkness Hades / Exclusive / Twitch Prime
Increased duration of VGS and text chat on screen from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.
Godlike Chests – No longer gives team boosters unless the player owns every other item in the chest. Increased the amount of Exclusive skins contained in the chest.
Triumphant & Enigma Chests now contain all the recent God emotes.
Game Mode Balance
- Enhanced Fire Giant – Spawn 30 minutes into the game instead of 25 minutes. Decreased physical and magical power the Fire Giant gains from 20 to 10 when it becomes Enhanced.
- Primal Fury – Buff grants 7% damage reduction from jungle camps and bosses.
- MMR – Increased MMR difference for players allowed in Duo queue from 200 to 300 (below Diamond Rank) and 50 to 100 (above Diamond Rank).
- Minotaur – Increased Health from 20 per minute to 150 per minute, increased physical power from 50 to 125 power and increased physical power from 0 per minute to 40 per minute.
- Sound effects – Decreased volume of the crowd, Minotaur’s spawn, Minotaur’s death and portal ambient sounds.
- Fountain ledge no longer exists and will sit on ground level. Although players can move back onto the fountain, the Assault healing and buying rules will still apply.
- Vital Orbs – Reduced the number of orbs from 6 to 4. The orbs will all spawn at 1 minute and be located in the mid lane, side path and between the T1 and T2 towers on both sides of the map.
- Baron Samedi is now classed as a healer.
- Bull Demon King now attacks and moves more smoothly, making him more difficult to kite.
- Tigers – Increased XP from 50XP to 75XP per Small Tiger.
- Blue Buff Turtles now use melee attacks.
- Titans – Decreased HP by 25%. Now also deals 50% damage only to enemy players, but still deal normal damage to minions.
- Also inherits all the changes to Joust listed above.
- Blue buff camps changed to Red Buff camps which enhance at 10 minutes instead of at 5 minutes.
- Shadow of Apophis (Normal Buff) – Deals true damage instead of physical damage. Restores 4% HP5 and 2% MP5.
- Veil of Apophis (Enhanced Buff) – Deals true damage instead of physical damage. Restores 4% HP5 and 2% MP5. Decreased Percent Health Damage from 4% to 3%.
- Wild Juggernaut now attacks and moves more smoothly, making him more difficult to kite.
- Players queuing in parties can now pick duplicates of any God.
- Players move faster within the fountain.
Shifter’s Shield – Threshold changes. When over 75% health, gain 35 physical power. When under 75% health, gain 35 physical and magical protection.
Light Blade – Decreased attack speed from 15% to 10%. Now also gives 5 physical power.
Morningstar – Increased cost from 550 gold to 600 gold. Now also gives 5 MP5.
Charged Morningstar – Increased MP5 from 4 to 7.
Transcendence – Increased MP5 from 6 to 10.
Heartseeker – Increased MP5 from 7 to 10.
Hydra’s Star – Now gives 7 MP5.
Hydra’s Lament – Now gives 10 MP5.
- Basic Attack – Decreased range from 16 to 12 units.
- Radiant Glory – Decreased power percentage buff from 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% to 10/11/12/13/14%.
- Combat Dodge – Decreased physical power scaling from 50% to 45%.
- Dazzling Offensive – Increased damage per strike from 75/125/175/225/275 to 95/140/185/230/275.
- Kiss – Increased both movement speed bonus and damage bonus from 4/8/12/16/20 to 8/11/14/17/20.
- Back Off – Always applies the 25% slow around both Aphrodite and her tethered ally.
- Love Birds – Decreased cooldown from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds to 12 seconds at all ranks.
- Base – Increased mana from 250 to 300 mana.
- Scourge – Decreased healing from 30/35/40/45/50 to 25/30/35/40/45.
- Base – Increased mana per level from 34 to 38 mana.
- Tremors – Decreased mana cost from 15/20/25/30/35 to 10/15/20/25/30.
- Base – Increased base mana from 290 to 310 mana. Increased mana per level from 43 to 48 mana.
- Moonflower Dance – Increased damage from 65/90/115/140/165 to 85/110/135/160/185.
- Berserk – Transformation into Berserk mode will no longer be delayed after using an ability and should happen straight after the animation is complete. Berserk animations should now correctly play before the transformation back to normal mode. Passive meter now also properly drains if Cu Chulainn stalls the transformation.
- Furious Charge – Fixed an issue where the stun was not applying for the intended duration. Also added a small knockback at the end of the ability to prevent Cu Chulainn from moving beyond the enemy at the end of the animation.
- Base – Increased health from 380 to 410 health.
- Decay / Restoration – Decreased mana cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 55/60/65/70/75 mana.
- Updraft – Fixed issues where the follow up attack was lifestealing more than intended or not applying a slow. Also fixed an issue that was causing the projectile to crit at maximum range.
- Fracture – Improved audio for the follow up hit.
- Protector’s Surge – Now classed as a leap. Also fixed an issue where the ability would not heal.
- To The Skies – Fixed an issue where allies would not receive a shield after being teleported.
- Steadfast – Decreased energy generation from 25% per stack to 20% per stack.
- Excalibur’s Fury – King Arthur’s sword now changes colour when reaching 35 and 80 energy.
- Fixed an issue where opponents could become untargetable for the rest of the game (caused by King Arthur).
- Radiate – Decreased damage scaling per tick from 35% to 30%.
- Frostbolt -Decreased base damage from 60/100/140/180/220 to 60/95/130/165/200.
- Dragonfire – Protection reduction now only affects enemy Gods and no longer applies to minions.
- World Weaver – Fixed an issue where the FXs were not correctly being displayed.
- Tidal Surge – Decreased mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80 mana.
- Whirlpool – Decreased mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80 mana.
- Skewer – Fixed issues where the slow wasn’t always counted as a slow and should no longer be applied to CC immune targets.
- Spawn of Set – Set can now see Spawns through walls and the timer is now a different colour to the spawn to make it clearer.
- Sandstorm – Spawn targeter is now more accurate and fixed an issue where the ability was not cleansing slows.
- Kingslayer – Increased healing from 30/45/60/75/90 to 45/60/75/90/105.
- Wisps – Fixed an issue where the particle FXs would display on Gods for longer than intended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Spectator mode to crash.
- Darkest of Nights – No longer stuns mobile enemy Gods at the end of the effect. Audio has been adjusted to clearer portray the change.
Win 3 games for an Enigma Chest from Friday 17th May until Sunday 19th May.
Odyssey T5 Skin Community Vote: The final vote should start in the next few weeks. The team is working on the final concepts for the final two Gods. For information on the skin vote so far, see my T5 Skin Vote post here.
Twitch Prime: Thor will be available until 24th May, then Prince of Darkness Hades will replace it.
As always, here are the Official Patch Notes.