Update 6.3 has been announced! This update will see a brand new design for the Assault map, the next Battle Pass, a tonne of new skins and a fair amount of God nerfs. There are also updates to the UI display and other Project Olympus changes. Although the has been no official release date, I estimate the patch to be released on Tuesday 2nd April for PC and console with the Council of the Gods event starting a week later.
*Edit: The “From the Depths” Chest containing the Depths of Atlantis Nox skin will be released on Friday 5th April.
**Edit: The “From the Depths” Chest is still having issues, but the Nox skin is available for direct purchase at 1200 gems.
Patch 6.4 update notes will be released on Wednesday 17th April.
Assault was the most outdated map in Smite with the oldest textures and minion designs. As well as getting a visual update to match the rest of the maps in the game, there have also been a few new features added and a few tweaks to the towers and minions.
Side Path – The first of the new features is a new path located off to the side of the centre of the map, which contains one of the other features.
Vital Orbs – Two orbs spawn on the map every 60 seconds which grant 15% health and mana instantly for the player and to allies within 60 units. 15% movement speed is also granted to the player who picks up the orb and also a 1% health and mana regeneration aura is applied within 60 units of said player for 10 seconds. Two orbs spawn in the centre of the map 60 seconds after being collected, one located in the side path and one at the other side of the lane. When the first towers are destroyed, another orb will spawn in each corner on where the tower used to be.
Towers – All the Titans, Phoenixes and Towers have been visually updated to the Season 5 versions. Towers have had their physical power decreased by 15.
Minions – Updated minion artwork to the Season 5 design. Increased both health and protections to match the Conquest minions to make them tankier.
Match Lobby – Decreased cost to reroll God from 50 gems to 25 gems or 250 favor to 125 favor.
Event: Council of the Gods
This is a new event consisting of two parts. The first section will be released this patch in the form of a bundle costing 750 gems. The bundle will contain Valkyrie’s Rage Thanatos, Snuggly Artemis, Snuggle Party Pedestal and Valkyrie’s Rage Loading Frame.
Snuggly Artemis / Exclusive
Valkyrie’s Rage Thanatos / Exclusive
The next bundle will be released next patch and will contain Oasis Djinn Aphrodite, Divine Beats Amaterasu, All of the Lights Recall Skin and Neon Lights Fountain Skin for 750 gems. Purchasing both bundles will also unlock the Limited Ragnarok Jormungandr skin.
Darkness Falls Battle Pass – 600 gems
Terror of the Deep Scylla / Exclusive lvl 0 Battle Pass
Beast Within Cu Chulainn / Exclusive lvl 20 Battle Pass
Heretic Cernunnos / Exclusive lvl 40 Battle Pass
Spectral Blade Pele / Exclusive lvl 60 Battle Pass
Depths of Atlantis Nox / Exclusive From the Depths Chest
The Crusher Cabrakan / Limited Mixer Store
Desert Dragon Neith / Exclusive Twitch Prime
Console – New VGS commands what will bring up a virtual keyboard.
UI – User Store has been updated to a new art style to fit in with the appearance of the rest of the Smite UI.
Daily Rewards – No longer reset when a day is missed, but rewards now have to be claimed by the player manually under the Featured Page and are not auto collected.
PC players can now call their preferred role in modes other than Conquest.
MMR – Players can see their MMR when viewing the Ranked stat page. MMR can be hidden through API, but Masters/Grandmasters will be visible to others in the client.
Duo Queue – Players in Platinum 1 and below can queue with a plyer within 200MMR of themselves. Players in or above Diamond have to be within 50MMR of each other.
Qualifiers – Everyone now starts at Bronze 3 and there will be no qualifying matches. Soft resets will determine a placement between Bronze 3 and Gold 1 referring to the player’s placement at the end of the previous split.
Lowered amount of games for the 50 gem reward to 75 games to 50 games.
Role Queue – The player to first pick will always receive their Primary Role. Second pick will also get their Primary Role, unless first pick has chosen that role before hand, in which case second pick will be guaranteed their Secondary Role.
Free Pause – Now been added to custom games. Games can be paused immediately, even when in combat.
Primal Fury – Increased damage buff to jungle camps from 5% to 7%.
Spirit Minion – Added one spirit minion to duo lane for the first wave only. The minion itself is very weak, but it will provide enough XP for both players in the lane to reach level 2 by the end of the second wave. 34 XP, 50HP, 5 physical power.
Jungle camps – Camps on the opposite side of the map now provide less XP and Gold in the early stages of the game. Starting at 0 minutes, the camps will provide 33% less XP and Gold which will linearly decrease over the next 15 minutes before reaching 0. At 15 minutes, camps on both sides of the map will grant equal XP and Gold and will remain for the rest of the game.
Visual Objective Kills – Text display will now show specifically whether the Gold Fury, Fire Giant or Oni Fury has been killed for both teams. Pyromancer death will now also be displayed to the enemy team.
- Reworked item, now a tier 3 item built from Balanced Blade. 2550 Gold, 20 Physical Power, 20% Physical Lifesteal, 25% attack speed, 15 penetration.
- New passive – Dropping below 35% health gives an additional 30% physical lifesteal for 5 seconds. Only occurs every 15 seconds.
- Reworked item, now tier 3 and built from Hunter’s Bow. 2450 Gold, 30 Physical Power, 30% Attack Speed.
- Passive – Successful basic attack increase your physical power by 15 and reduce your enemy’s Attack Speed by 10%, stacking up to 3 times.
- Dragon’s Call – Decreased attack damage from 35/50/65/80/95 to 30/45/60/75/90.
- Drunk-O-Meter – Decreased damage mitigation when Tipsy from 7% to 5% and when Smashed from 14% to 10%.
- Belch if the Gods – Decreased base damage per tick from 25/40/55/70/85 to 20/34/50/65/80.
- Regurgitate – Decreased duration of cone autos from 6 seconds to 5 seconds, decreased duration of CC immunity from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
- Unchained – Decreased base damage from 95/155/215/275/335 to 75/135/195/255/315. Decreased cooldown reduction on successful hit from 50% to 30%.
- Brutalize – Will now always cleave, decreased cleave damage from 75% to 50%. When a max Runes, the ability deals bonus damage of 15% of your physical power per hit.
- Northern Lights – Decreased base damage from 11/27/43/59/75 to 10/15/25/40/60, decreased minion explosion damage from 50% to 25% and decreased slow from 25% to 15%.
- Aurora Blade – Decreased magical power scaling on ranged damage from 15% to 10% per hit.
- Sacred Monkey – Can now re-hit minions if no other target is available but will only hit Gods once.
- Increased base physical protection from 18 to 21.
- The World Serpent – Decreased cooldown from 120/115/110/105/100 seconds to 100 seconds at all ranks.
- Overhead Slash – Decreased melee bonus damage from 50% at all ranks to 30/35/40/45/50%.
- Twin Cleave / Bladestorm – Decreased energy gained per hit from 2 to 1.5.
- Sundering Strike / Excalibur’s Fury – Both abilities now cost 40 mana.
- Eclipse – Decreased scaling of initial hit from 70% to 60%.
- Frostbolt – Decreased bonus damage from 20% to 15%. Gem of isolation slow now applies after damage dealt by Frostbolt, bonus damage only occurs if enemies have been slowed previously.
- Blizzard – Fixed issues where the ability was dealing more damage than intended.
- Flicker – Increased cooldown from 22/21/20/19/18 to 24/23/22/21/20.
- Wind Fire Wheels – Enemies caught in this effect are not counted as being affected by CC, decreased base damage from 40/60/80/100/120 per hit to 30/50/70/90/110 per hit, decreased initial/landing damage from 80/130/180/230/280 to 50/105/160/215/270.
- Universe Ring Toss – Decreased protection debuff from 15 at all ranks to 10/11/12/13/14.
- Eruption – Decreased inner damage from 80/125/170/215/260 to 70/115/160/205/250.
- Volcanic Lightning – Decreased initial damage from 200/280/360/440/520 to 180/265/350/435/520.
- Increased physical protection per level from 2.5 to 3.
- Pick Me Up – Decreased mana cost from 80/85/90/95/100 to 60/65/70/75/80.
- Decreased base movement speed from 380 to 375.
- Armored Umbrella – Decreased base damage from 85/140/195/250/305 to 85/135/185/235/285.
- Umbrellarang – Decreased attack speed slow and movement speed slow from 30% to 25%.
Smite Birthday – To celebrate Smite’s 5th birthday, Gem packs are up to 35% off for a Limited time. There will also be different events happening each day where you can earn chests, gems and double worshipers by playing games. Check out the schedule here!
Twitch Prime – Desert Dragon Neith skin will replace the King Arthur skin on 25th of March.
Mixer Store – A new tab has been added to the Smite store page. Link your Mixer account to your Smite account and watch Streams to earn points. 600 points will unlock The Crusher Cabrakan Limited skin. You do not need to spend these 600 points to claim the skin so they can be used on other items which will include a rotating set of skins.
Community Skin contest – It’s the beginning of the next annual Community skin concept contest! Time is running out for the first stage as all skin concepts need to be submitted by 26th March. The next stage will involve the community voting on their favourite concepts! For more info and to find the link to the submission page, click here!
PTS went live last night and I noticed that there was a load of unannounced skins already listed on there for the next upcoming patch! Here’s a list of the new skins I found.
PTS teaser skins:
- Oasis Djinn Aphrodite (Council of the Gods)
- Divine Beats Amaterasu (Council of the Gods)
- Ragnarok Jormungandr (Council of the Gods)
- Itsy Bitsy Arachne (Cute But Deadly Chest)
- Blood Chaac (Cute But Deadly Chest)
- Gladiator Thor
As always, you can see the Official Patch Notes here!