With the introduction of Season 6 last patch, we saw a vast amount of changes and some new additions, including the 100th God, Merlin. As well as making some slight alterations to a handful of 6.1 content, patch 6.2 will be bringing some new skins and another new God! God number 101 is a massive addition to Smite, literally! This god is unlike anything we’ve ever seen before and I’m sure he’ll cause some chaos on release. Personally, I can’t wait!
As changes to the patch schedules has been confirmed with the release of Season 6, I’m unsure when patch 6.2 will be released. It was stated that HiRez plan on doing one big patch a month with smaller updates / hotfixes in between rather than having two patches per month. Releasing the update on all platforms on the same day was also mentioned, but I think that’s a plan for later in the year. Their patch notes show schedule also seems to have gone out the window, changing so frequently that I can’t even keep track anymore.
There has been no Official announcement for the release date as of yet, but my estimate for the release is Monday 4th March (although it could be sooner, or maybe even later). Don’t quote me on that!
*Edit: Patch 6.2 will be released on Tuesday 5th March on all platforms.
New God – Jormungandr
Jormungandr, The World Serpent, is a Norse Guardian.
He will be the biggest character in the game to date (just fitting into Khepri’s hitbox). He also has a much wider view range than any of the other Gods and an interesting basic attack mechanic.
Basic Attack: Jormungandr’s basic attack is channelled in a cone in front of him. The damage occurs every 0.2 seconds which slows down gradually like a reverse overheat mechanic. A passive meter shows how long he can use his rapid fire for before it starts slowing down the damage intervals. Taking a short break from using basic attacks will refresh the meter. Any attack speed items will not affect his attack speed rate, but will be converted into cooldown reduction for his basic attack meter instead.
Passive – Immovable: Jormungandr cannot be affected by displacement abilities (push/pull/knockup etc.) and is instead Dazed. Daze causes Jormungandr to take 10% increased damage and be slowed by 20% (faded slow) for 2 seconds.
Ability 1 – Venomous Haze: Jormungandr fires toxic spit to a location, dealing damage (80/120/160/200/240 +40% magical power) in a 10 unit radius. A toxic cloud is left behind (15 units) which slows enemies for 15% and deals damage (5/15/25/35/45 +5% magical power) per tick. Nine clouds can be left on the map at one time and last for 20 seconds each. Cooldown 16/15/14/13/12).
Ability 2 – Consuming Bellow: Jormungandr channels a roar (1.2 seconds) which deals damage (120/180/240/300/360 +50% magical power) to enemies in a 20 unit radius and slowing them by 30% for 1.5 seconds. Casting on Venomous Haze clouds will increase the radius (30 units) and deal extra damage (20/30/40/50/60 +10% magical power) as well as Empowering Jormungandr which allows him to fire his basic attack at the fastest rate. Cooldown, 14 seconds.
Ability 3 – Submerge: Jormungandr submerges underground for 5 seconds, becoming invisible and gaining a 25% increased movement speed buff. During the submerge, he can also see all enemies around him, even if they are invisible. AS Jormungandr appears out of the ground, he breaks invisibility, deals damage (70/125/180/235/290 +50% magical power) and knocks up enemies in a 20 unit radius. This ability can be cancelled early. Cooldown, 18 seconds.
Ultimate Ability – The World Serpent: Jormungandr grows in size and will dive headfirst into the ground at a selected location dealing damage (150/200/250/300/350 +40% magical power), knocking up enemies and leaves behind a toxic cloud. His body also slams into the ground between his start and end location, dealing damage (70/100/125/150/175 +20% magical power). Jormungandr then gains 2 more uses of this dive which cannot be cancelled early. Cooldown, 120/115/110/105/100.
Dragon Prince Ne Zha / Exlusive Legend of Camelot Bundle
Infinite Seer Ah Puch / Exclusive Legend of Camelot Bundle
Wolfsbane Skadi / Exclusive Spring Holiday Chest (12th March)
Spellbound Chang’e / Exclusive Spring Holiday Chest (12th March)
Deathbringer King Arthur / Exclusive Twitch Prime Bundle
Star Force Neith / Exclusive Nintendo Switch Account Linking
Anhur Mastery Update Skins
Jormungandr Mastery Skins
There have been even more skins added to Smite 6.2 PTS. Although it’s uncertain which patch these skins will be released in, you can take a look at all 8 skins featured in PTS here!
- First penalty decreased from 30 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Second penalty decreased from 60 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Third penalty increased from 1 hour to 4 hours.
- Fourth penalty increased from 4 hours to 24 hours.
- Additional deserters will repeat the fourth penalty.
- Penalty reset time increased from 1 day to 5 days.
Totem of Ku – Can no longer be affected by abilities classed as ‘God only’ or attacked while inactive. Fixed an issue where the totem would have more more health than intended per kill.
Speed Buff – Decreased the speed bonus from the speed buff jungle camp from 10% movement speed to 5% movement speed.
Assassin’s Blessing – Altered the evolved stats from 10 penetration to 5 penetration and 5% movement speed.
Celestial Legion Helm – Increased cost from 2950 gold to 2150 gold, decreased physical protection per stack from 10 protection to 7 protection.
Elixir of Speed – Decreased cost from 2000 gold to 1500 gold.
Spear of the Magus – Increased cost from 2300 gold to 2450 gold, decreased base penetration from 15 to 10.
Void Stone – Increased cost from 2150 gold to 2250 gold, decreased penetration aura from 20 to 15.
- Radiant Glory – Increased healing from 23/26/29/32/35 to 24/28/32/36/40.
- Master of War – Increased protections from 4 per stack to 5 per stack.
- Increased base health from 475 to 480, increased power of basic attacks from 38 to 39.
- Berserk – Increased conversion of health from 15% mana to 20% mana.
- Cursed Strength – Increased base damage from 80/125/170/215/260 to 100/149/180/220/260.
- Mystic Warrior – Decreased self heal from 2% to 1.5% on hit.
- Northern Lights – Freya gains 5 shots when activated. A shot is consumed on each basic attack, even if the attack misses. Damage 11/27/43/59/75, damage scaling 10%, slow duration 1.25 seconds.
- Aurora Blade – Decreased mana cost from 20/25/30/35/40 to 14/18/22/26/30.
- Heavenly Banner – Increased damage from 75/130/185/240/295 to 85/140/195/250/305.
- Mitigate Wounds – Increased protections buff from 10/20/30/40/50 to 20/30/40/50/60.
- Ring of Spears – No longer reduces enemies attack speed when inside the ring.
- Increased health from 81 per level to 86 per level.
- Blessing of the Nile – Increased protections from 7 per stack to 10 per stack.
- Wisps – Increased speed of projectiles from 50 to 100. Now also does an extra tick of damage/heal when first reaching the enemy/ally for the same amount as the other ticks, damage 10/15/20/25/30 +10% magical power, heal 15/20/25/30/35 +10% magical power.
- Increased physical base protections from 15 to 18.
- Power Cleave – Increased healing from 25/45/65/85/105 to 30/55/80/105/130.
- Colossal Fury – Now it collides with players.
As always, you can see the Official Smite Patch Notes here!