With Season 5 coming to a close, it’s time to make way for Season 6! The patch was delayed an extra week behind schedule, so we should hopefully be into the new Season from Monday 11th Feb.
As expected, this is the biggest patch of the year bringing a new God, crossplay and of course a hefty amount of balance updates! There’s also a handful of new skins including the end of Season 5 rewards and the next instalment to The Legend of Camelot.
Patches during Season 6 will be released every month rather than every two weeks. Hotfixes will still be issued when needed, but more time between patches should help improve the game quality.
New God – Merlin
Merlin, The Master Wizard, is the next Arthurian God. He is a Stance Switching Mage of the elements.
Passive – Overload: When Merlin casts a spell, he gains a stack (max 3). His next basic attack will be infused with lightning, dealing bonus damage (10 +15% magical power). This basic attack needs to be used within 5 seconds of firing his last ability.
Eclipse (Arcane) / Radiate (Fire) / Frostbolt (Ice):
- Eclipse – Merlin sends an orb of energy forwards which grows larger as it travels. The orb deals damage (40/60/80/100/120 +70% magical power) every 0.4 seconds for a duration of 3 seconds and marks enemies it hits. Marked enemies take additional damage (5/15/25/35/45 +10% magical power). Cooldown 14 seconds.
- Radiate – Merlin channels a fiery beam in front of him for 2 seconds, dealing damage (10/20/30/40/50 +35% magical power) every 0.5 seconds and also applying burn (5/10/15/20/25 +5% magical power) for 2 seconds. Cooldown 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.
- Frostbolt – Merlin throws a bolt of frost in front of him, exploding if colliding with and enemy and dealing damage (60/100/140/180/220 +60% magical power) in an AoE (10 units). If the enemy hit is slowed, the explosion will deal and extra 20% damage. Cooldown 6 seconds.
Vortex (Arcane) / Dragonfire (Fire) / Blizzard (Ice):
- Vortex – Merlin places a field of energy which deals damage (50/80/110/140/170 +60% magical power) and pulls enemies towards the centre after a short delay (0.5 seconds). Cooldown 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.
- Dragonfire – Merlin summons two dragons which breathe fire towards each other lasting 3 seconds and deal damage every 0.25 seconds (8/11/14/17/20 +25% magical power per tick). If an enemy is caught directly in the centre, their protections are reduced by 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5% for 4 seconds.
- Blizzard – Merlin produced a blizzard in an area (20 units), causing shards of ice to fall from the sky every 0.5 seconds, dealing damage (30/40/50/60/70 +20% magical power) and apply a slow for 2 seconds. The longer an enemy stays in the area (lasting 4 seconds), the more they will be slowed while taking damage.
Flicker (all stances): Merlin teleports a short distance (30 units) in front of him. Cooldown 22/21/20/19/18 seconds.
Elemental Mastery (all stances): Available at level 1 and changes between stances, also doing AoE damage. The stances change in the order of Arcane, Fire and Ice. Once Elemental Mastery reaches level 1, the AoE explodes and implodes, dealing damage (100/140/180/220/260 +20% magical power) and causing a different effect depending on the stance (Arcane = Knock up, Fire = Burn, Ice = Slow 20%). Cooldown 28/26/24/22/20 seconds.
Gladiator Guan Yu / Limited Season 5 Ranked Reward
Knight of Mordred Achilles / Exclusive Camelot Bundle
Lady of the Lake Freya / Exclusive Camelot Bundle
Deadly Desire Da Ji / Exclusive Valentine Chest
Archangel Chernobog / Exclusive Valentine Chest
Steamy Chibi Sol / Exclusive Battle Pass Purchase Reward
Infinite Shift Sun Wukong / Exclusive Battle Pass Reward (Purchase only) at Lvl 10
Scarlet Judgement Nemesis / Exclusive Battle Pass Reward (Purchase only) Lvl 30
Heavy Hitter Anubis / Exclusive Battle Pass Reward (Purchase only) Lvl 60
Golden Touch Baron Samedi / Exclusive Season 5 Commendation Reward
Dragon Empress Scylla / Exclusive Nintendo Switch Founder’s Pack
The Season ticket for Season 6 has been changed to a Battle Pass. Fantasy points have been removed and replaced with Battle Points instead. Battle Points are earned like FP were, by playing any Normal or Ranked games which can be used to unlock rewards.
Players will also be able to purchase a Battle Pass which will increase the amount of points earned per game, unlock a skin and also gain access to more rewards.
The Triumphant Chest system has also been removed and has been added to the Battle Pass System. Triumphant Chests will now be unlocked at specific Battle Pass levels.
For more information on the new Battle Pass, follow the link.
Cross Platform is now available between all platforms: PC, PS4, XB1 and the new addition of Nintendo Switch. Cross play will be defaulted to everyone, but a new setting has been added from players to customise and restrict this cross play if desired. Friends can be added to your contacts list across different platforms as well as inviting to clans and of course partying up. Keyboard / Mouse / Controller support is being looked into for release later in the year for all platforms so that any peripheral can be used on any platform.
Players can also merge accounts on different platforms together with the addition of Account Linking. All god’s / skins / unlocks will be available on each platform and currency / worshipers will be added together. More information on account linking will be available on 6.1 release. PS4 will not be participating in Account Linking.
Ranked will be fully reset. Splits will be shorter, the first ending in patch 6.5, so TP will be earned at an increased rate than before. Leaderboards will no longer give players rewards, but will be given a Winner’s Chest for every 15 ranked wins and 50 gems for 75 ranked wins per split. A skin and loading frame will still be available for players reaching 75 and 150 wins throughout Season 6. There will no longer be qualifying matches and all layers will start in bronze.
Team Badges have been removed from the game as we know it, but can now be selected from the player’s personal load out options.
Role queuing will now be available in both Normal and Ranked Conquest modes. The player will now select their two favoured roles before queuing for the game. The matchmaker will then create lobbies based on desired roles and if any tie scenarios take place, then the player with the highest MMR will take priority. If you didn’t get you’re desired role in the first game, then your chances are increased for the next game.
Totem of Ku – New objective located by the middle jungle entrance in the solo lane. This totem is a Structure that can be taken by a team to grant an empowering aura to all of their towers for 1 minute. It will spawn every minute, but will despawn 15 minutes into the game.
- Structure stats:
- 300 base health.
- After each successful capture, the structure’s health increases by 200.
- 15 base physical protection.
- 10 base magical protection.
- Buff stats:
- 5% movement speed bonus.
- 25 MP5.
- 25 gold to each member on capture.
- Buff remains for 10 seconds after leaving tower area.
Gold Fury – The first spawn will always be the standard Gold Fury, but every other spawn will be randomised between the two new types. The base gold reward has been decreased from 150 gold to 115 but gold per minute has been increased from 5 to 6.
- Oni Gold Fury:
- All lane minions for the next spawn will gain 75% bonus damage, 30% increased health, 50 bonus physical protections and 60 bonus magical protections.
- Primal Gold Fury:
- All gods on the team who killed the Gold Fury will gain 5% bonus damage to jungle camps / bosses. This effect stacks up to 3 times and can be tracked by torches above the Oracle pit.
Fire Giant – Now uses the Magma Pool ability which gives the player a 1 second warning before the area below each god turns to magma.
- Fire Giant:
- Increased base health from 6000 to 7000.
- Increased health per level from 225 to 275.
- Increased base protections from 90/50 to 110/70.
- Enhanced Fire Giant:
- Increased base health from 6000 to 8000.
- Increased health per level from 225 to 275.
- Increased base protections from 90/50 to 125/85.
- Increased base power from 130/0 to 150/20.
- Buff now allows players to ignore 50% backdoor protection on towers.
Minion Spawn Times – Minions now spawn earlier at 1 minute rather than 1 minute 30 seconds. To help get players into lane, fountains will give all players a movement speed bonus which will fade as the game begins.
For more detailed information on changes to Conquest, please see the Official Patch Notes here.
Cursed Orb – 55 magical power, 75 mana, 15 MP5, 3 movement speed, 1600 gold.
Doom Orb – 135 magical power, 200 mana, 25 MP5, 6 movement speed, 3200 gold. New passive: Gain one stack for a kill / assist on an enemy minion or 5 stacks for an enemy god. One stack gives 1% movement speed and 3 magical power, stacking up to five times and lasts 10 seconds.
Book of Souls – Decreases magical power from 65 to 55.
Book of Thoth – Now only converts mana from items. Increased mana to magical power convertion from 3% to 6% and evolved conversion from 2% to 3%. Decreased cost from 2800 gold to 2650 gold.
Soul Reaver – Enemies hit by Soul Reaver’s bonus damage will gain a 50% damage reduction buff for further Soul Reaver effects lasting 3 seconds.
Obsidian Shard – Increased cost from 2150 gold to 2300 gold. Increased magical power from 60 to 70.
Typhon’s Fang – Increased magical lifesteal from 10% to 15%.
Dynasty Plate Helm – Increased magical power from 45 to 55.
Stone of Binding – Increased magical power from 20 to 30. New passive: Hitting an enemy god with Crowd Control will give them a debuff of reduced physical and magical protections by 15.
Malice – New passive: Landing a critical strike on an enemy will reduce your cooldown time by 2 seconds to abilities currently on cooldown (excluding ultimate ability).
Poisoned Star – Decreased critical chance from 29% to 15%, increased cost from 2400 gold to 2599 gold.
Wind Demon – Decreased cost from 2700 gold to 2600 gold.
Odysseys’ Bow – Increased scaling of basic attack power on passive from 50% to 60%.
Silverbranch Bow – Increased physical power from 29 to 30.
Runic Shield – Increased health from 109 to 150.
Ancile – Increased cost from 2000 to 2150.
Cudgel – Increased physical power from 5 to 10, decreased health from 100 to 50.
Shillelagh – Increased physical power from 10 to 15, decreased cost from 1500 gold to 1300 gold.
Blackthorn Hammer – Increased physical power from 25 to 35. The passive conversion from cooldown reduction to mana regeneration now triggers at 25% mana and not 50%.
Runeforged Hammer – Increased physical power from 40 to 55, decreased health from 250 to 200.
Gauntlet of Thebes – Increased health from 200 to 275.
Emerald Talisman – Increased MP5 from 6 to 10.
Stone of Gaia – The heal now occurs every 5 seconds, increased from 10 seconds. The internal cooldown has been decreased from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
Shield of Regrowth – Increased both HP5 and MP5 from 10 to 15, decreased cost from 2100 gold to 2000 gold.
Spectral Armor – Increased physical protection from 60 to 70, decreased damage from critical strikes from 60% to 50%.
Lono’s Mask – Increased damage dealt from -20% to -25%, increased healing from -20% to -25%.
Rangda’s Mask – Increased bonus ability damage from 15% to 20% to make bonus ability damage the same as bonus basic attack damage.
Bumba’s Mask – Increased physical power from 20 to 30 and magical power from 50 to 65.
Attacker’s Blessing – Increased number of stacks needed to evolve from 50 to 100 stacks.
Defender’s Blessing – Increased number of stacks needed to evolve from 50 to 75 stacks, health and mana have also been increased from 100 to 150 each.
Specialist’s Blessing – Increased number of stacks needed to evolve from 50 to 75 stacks, increased MP5 from 10 to 20.
Warrior’s Blessing – Increased amount of health and mana restored per trigger from 30 to 40. Evolved version has increased protections from 10 to 15.
Elixir of Speed – Conquest item only. Increases movement speed by 18% permenantly but does not stack with movement speed from boots/shoes. Costs 2000 gold.
Horrific Emblem – Decreased slow from 40% to 30% and attack speed slow from 25% to 15%. Upgraded version also has decreased slow from 40% to 30% but attack speed slow remains at 25%. Damage debuff also decreased from 20% to 15%.
- All warriors have had their base health increased by 10 and base health per level increased by 3.
- Swarm – Decreased cooldown of Swarm from 16/15/14/13/12 to 15/14/13/12/11.
- Honey – Decreased mana cost of Honey from 75/80/85/90/95 to 60 at all ranks.
- Mummify – Increased duration of stun from 1.2/1.4/1.5/1.8/2 seconds to 1.6/1.7/1.8/1.9/2 seconds.
- Dragon King’s Sword – Ao Kuang gains a Dragon King’s Sword stack every 20 seconds. When active, his next damaging ability with consume a stack for 2 seconds reduced cooldown and a 5% max health heal for Ao. Executing sucessfully with King of the Eastern Seas gives Ao max stacks (3 stacks).
- Chug – Now available at level 1 with 0 Rank, providing no protections and costing 35 mana. Chug also provides 40% Drunk-o-Meter at all ranks.
- Razor Whip – Increased scaling if physical power from 20% to 25%.
- Declaw – Decreased mana cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 60 at all ranks.
- Consign Spirits – Decreased healing bonus from missing health from 12.5% to 10%.
- Life of the Party – Decreased damage of total health from 15% to 10%.
- Eagle’s Rally – Increased base damage from 100/200/300/400/500 to 140/230/320/410/500.
- Tectonic Shift – Increased the area of damage to the size of the current ultimate rectangle display directly in front of Cabrakan (35 units range, 25 units width).
- Vampire Bats – Increased duration of the buff from 210 seconds to 300 seconds and now doesn’t disappear on death.
- Bramble Blast – Increased base damage from 40/80/120/160/200 to 60/95/130/165/200.
- The Wild Hunt – Decreased cooldown from 100 seconds to 90 seconds.
- Draconic Corruption – Increased damage of Dragon Breath from 20/25/30/35/40 +10% magical power to 20/30/40/50/60 +10% magical power.
- Argus, The Defender – Increased cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds.
- Excavate – Decreased cooldown from 90 seconds at all ranks to 90/85/80/75/70 seconds.
- Dispel Magic – Increased range from 40 units to 55 units.
- Circle of Protection – Increased range from 35 units to 40 units.
- Twin Cleave / Bladestorm – Increased energy gained per hit from 1 to 2.
- Sundering Strike – Decreased range of charge from 16 units to 12 units.
- Decreased base damage progression from 1/0.5/0.5/0.5/1.5 to 0.75/0.5/0.5/0.5/1.5.
- Vanish – Damage mitigation has been removed from this ability.
- Sickle Strike – Increased base damage from 60/110/160/210/260 to 70/120/170/220/270.
- Spirit Flail – Increased base damage from 75/125/180/235/290 to 80/135/190/245/300.
- Everlasting Flame – Decreased power from 2 per level to 1 per level, decreased duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Increased base physical protection per level from 2.2 to 2.6 protections.
- Acorn can now be sold.
- Hieroglyphic Assault – Increased damage from 40/60/80/100/120 to 45/65/85/105/125.
- Evade and Punish – Stun has been removed and replaced with a root lasting 1.5 seconds on the first enemy god hit. The projectile also pierces, slowing all additional enemies by 30% for 1.5 seconds.
- Final Judgement – Increased scaling from 100% to 120%.
- Aegis Assault – Cooldown increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Detonate Charge – Increased damage from 55/75/95/115/135 to 60/90/120/150/180, increased scaling of magical power from 18% to 25% and decreased charge multiplication from 1/2/3 to 1/1.7/2.4.
- Lightning Storm – Damage has been altered from 120/140/160/180/200 to 100/130/160/190/220, increased scaling of magical power from 50% to 55%.
- Cosmic Power Anubis
- Admiral Ao Kuang
- Oni Chernobog
- Pixel Chaos Discordia
- Headless Norseman Loki
- Revenge Tech Nemesis
- Mystic Enchantress Nu Wa
- Pixel Lancer Skadi
- Cyber Scythe Thanatos
- Titanium Tracker Xbalaque
As always, you can see the Official Patch Notes by following the link!