It’s been a month now since we saw patch 5.21 introduced to Smite. Due to the Smite tournaments, this patch was delayed an extra two weeks but as PTS was released on Wednesday so I’ve already had a peek at the skins. The new Nox skin is incredible!
Patch 5.22 will be available to play on Monday 3rd November for PC and should later in the week for console.
Cyber Samurai Hachiman is the first skin available as part of the Odyssey. I actually quite like this concept and it’s quite different to the skins he already has. The colour scheme is great and he has a decent voice pack too.
Brutal Dragon Fenrir is the second skin available as part of the Odyssey. I’m not a fan of this at all. It looks nothing like Fenrir and more like Sobek… I don’t like skins that make Gods look like other Gods and I’m not a fan of the concept in general. It’s definitely different, but not for me.
Shadow Punch Ravana is the third and final skin available with the Odyssey. I do quite like this skin, but I don’t think the textures are up to the same standard as the other skins. There’s also a jump stamp released as the fourth Odyssey item that matched this skin with the green fiery effects.
Dragon Priestess Nox is an Odyssey bonus item unlocked for players who reach 105 Odyssey points. This is probably my favourite skin of the year and my favourite skin for Nox, (who is my main for those of you that don’t know). I really wish this wasn’t a “bonus” reward as I really didn’t want to purchase many of the Odyssey items this year, but now I think I might have to. I just don’t think I can pass this skin up… It’s beautiful.
Pixel Hammer Thor is an exclusive skin which will be available in the Pixel Chest with 21 items at 400 gems per roll. This skin has the same theme as the other Pixel skins and although it’s nothing amazing, it’s a decent concept for Thor.
Infernal Lord Zeus is an exclusive skin that will be contained in the Fiery Chest with 55 items for 200 gems per roll. I really don’t like this at all. It doesn’t suit the character and his face is actually pretty creepy. I know it’s a lot different from Zeus’ other skins, but I think this one is going a bit too far.
Titan Forge Ymir is also an exclusive skin that will be included in the Fiery Chest. This is a fantastic concept for Ymir, it really suits him! This with the Norse theme and I’m pretty impressed with the concept as a whole, very different but still fitting.
You can now block other players in game by typing /block and PC players can now log out via the home page.
Gifting items is now available! You will now be able to send items such as emotes, voice packs, or skins alongside a short message to other players. This function can be found in the shop, friends list of end of match lobby. I think this is a great idea, however, this had better not mean we can now get duplicates of things… that would completely suck.
Soul Reaver – Decreased damage of the maximum health percentage from 8% to 7%.
- Insatiable Hunger – Decreased attack speed bonus and movement speed from 10% per stack to 8% per stack.
- Fixed an issue where Bakasura could eat deployables that shouldn’t be eaten.
- Razor Whip – Decreased cooldown from 15 seconds to 13 seconds.
- Spot Weakness – Decreased physical power scaling per basic attack from 15% to 10%.
- 72 Transformations – Decreased bonus movement speed in turtle form from 100% to 75%.
- Aurora Blade – Decreased ranged bonus damage from 20/30/40/50/60 to 16/27/38/49/60 and decreased magical power scaling from 20% to 15%.
- Made You Look – Decreased cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds. This ability no longer benefits from basic attack item effects (e.g. Golden Blade) but will now benefit from ability item effects (e.g. The Crusher).
- Everlasting Flame – Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds and reduced ability lifesteal from 20% to 15%.
- Increased base movement speed from 360 to 365.
- Increased base movement speed from 365 to 370.
- Shards of Ice – Increased slow from 30% slow to 40% slow.
- Fat Loki Cabrakan
- Northern Ranger Hachiman
Fantasy Points Store:
- Heartbreaker Nox
- Rock from Bisrakh Ravana
- Almighty Zeus
31 Days of Smite
Over the Christmas period, there will be a number of different things taking place. There will be discounts on selected chests and bundles but also giveaways every day until the 25th December on social media. Different events will be held on throughout the month which will change every 3 days, such as “Get 3FWOTD for 30 gems”, etc. Follow this link to see all the dates for these events and more!
As always, if you haven’t seen the Official Smite Patch Notes, follow the link!