We’re only one patch away from introducing Hera to the battleground! This patch will see the next instalment of Odyssey items, the first Hallowe’en skin of the year and the usual balance changes. Patch 5.18 should be released for PC on Tuesday 2nd October and later that week for console.
This patch will include 4 skins that will be obtained as part of the Odyssey. All the Odyssey skins will be available at a discount during the patch they are released in so if you want any of the items featured in this patch, then this is the best time to purchase them!
Oni Chernobog is the first Odyssey skin in this patch available for 400 gems for the duration of patch 5.18. Chernobog is quite demon like already so I don’t feel like this skin is really necessary. The green colour scheme is nice, but I don’t feel like it changes Chernobog much, it also looks quite like Ravana (particularly the card art).
Mystic Enchantress Nu Wa is my favourite skin of the patch, available as part of the Odyssey. I adore these new Mystic skins and this is no exception. The skin itself looks great and I like the ability effects too, but I wish the Clay Soldiers had been changed to something more fitting than their standard form. I’m not a huge fan of the voice pack as it’s a little heavy on the pitch-shift, but I’ll be picking this up regardless.
Revenge Tech Nemesis is the third skin available with the Odyssey content. I was really looking forward to this skin, but it looks way too similar to all the other techy skins for other characters so now I’m not so sure. I approve of the colour scheme and the ability sound effects are really cool but there are nicer skins for her so I don’t know if I’ll be purchasing this myself.
Battle Worn Achilles will be one of the Odyssey rewards for reaching 35 Odyssey points earned from completing Odyssey quests and buying Odyssey items. I like the concept of this skin paired with the voice pack, but I think it would have been cool to take his helmet off for his aggressive stance and leave it on for his defensive stance.
Pixel Lancer Skadi is an exclusive skin contained in a chest. This skin is very similar to the other pixel skins with a matching bright colour scheme. I’m not a fan of this myself and I think Skadi has better skins, but it’s different for her at least.
Headless Norseman Loki is the first Hallowe’en skin to be released this year. There will be more Hallowe’en skins added in the next few patches, including the winning skin from the Hallowe’en community vote back in May. I don’t know why Loki had to have another Hallowe’en skin considering he already has one so I’m a little disappointed they didn’t give it to someone else instead.
The reconnect screen should no longer show while logging in for PC users. This was a really annoying issue so I’m glad it’s finally been sorted.
Commendations are reset every two patches (once every month). Players should now also receive more commendations points for longer matches.
Custom settings and keybinds should also no longer be reset on patch updates.
Berserker’s Shield – Attack speed decreased from 15% to 10%.
Messenger’s Mask – Magical power decreased from 30 to 20.
Bumba’s Mask – Cooldown reduction decreased from 20% to 10%.
Heartseeker – The effect will now trigger on the enemy god with the lowest health if an instant AoE ability hits multiple enemies. This item can now also be bought in assault.
Mage’s Blessing – Bonus ability damage decreased from 25 to 10, added 20 magical power and 10 physical power.
- Wrap it Up – Cooldown increased from 12 seconds to 14 seconds.
- Life of the Party – If Baron was revived by Khepri during Life of the Party, the ability would deal more damage than intended. This issue has now been fixed.
- Living Nightmare – No longer triggers his passive on every basic attack and will function as normal during the duration of his ultimate.
- Howling Celestial Do (passive) – His dog will now damage enemies fro 2% max HP on every hit. The dog no longer triggers passive from items or deal damage based on Erlang’s damage.
- Northern Lights – Visual effects updated to show when her next ability will detonate.
- Aurora Blade – Visual effects updated to show when the ability is toggled on.
- Dharmic Pillars – The first time an enemy passed over the threshold, they will be damaged for an extra 60%. Damage per tick decreased from 95/135/175/215/255 to 90/130/170/210/250.
- Retribution – Shield Healing increased from 60/70/80/90/100% of received damage to 80/85/90/95/100%.
- Pyroclast – Cooldown increased from 13 second to 14 seconds.
- Eruption – Inner damage decreased from 85/130/175/220/265 to 80/125/170/215/260, outer damage decreased from 80/120/160/200/240 to 60/100/140/180/220.
- Volcanic Lightning – Cone attacks now proc ability damage as basic attacks. If Pele is disarmed, she cannot use the cone attacks.
- Tail Whip – Cooldown increased from 12 seconds to 14 seconds.
- Tectonic Rift – Stun duration increased from 0.8/1.0/1.2/1.4/1.6 to 1.0/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6 seconds.
- Primal Storm Susano
Fantasy Points Store:
- Child’s Play Scylla
- Skaliwag Kali
- Volcanic Agni
From 21st September until 30th September, play all Gods for free on all platforms! There will also be 50% off voice packs and class chests on sale during this time.
There will also be 3x worshipers, XP, favour and Fantasy Points from 21st September running until 23d September.
As always, you can check out the Official Patch Notes here!