Patch 5.11 is the next patch coming to Smite. Going from the previous patch releases, this patch will be released on PC and console on Tuesday 26th June, although there have been no official announcements.
*Edit: 5.11 will be released on 26th June for PC and will be released on console later in the week.
New God – Baron Samedi
Baron Samedi is the first Voodoo god to be released in Smite. He is designed as a support mage, and is the second God to be released as part of the Dive Uprising event.
Passive: Hysteria – Baron Samedi shares his Baron’s Brew with his allies. This brew will be available in the consumable section of the item store for 150 gold. The brew has 3 charges and provides 140 health and 100 mana over 20 seconds.
Baron Samedi’s abilities and basic attacks will also apply Hysteria to enemies. Enemies who have 30 Hysteria will be affected by an additional feature for each ability, and enemies effected my 70 Hysteria (max) will take 25% additional damage from Baron Samedi.
Ability 1: Vivid Gaze – Baron aims a crossed pair of skulls at an enemy which shoot beams and deal damage. If the enemy is hit at the cross point, they will take 15% additional damage on the second hit.
If the enemy God hit is above 30 Hysteria, their physical/magical power and attack speed is reduced by 30%.
Ability 2: Consign Spirits – Baron selects an area to guide spirits from the ground, damaging enemies within the area and healing any allies near the explosion or near Baron. Allies are healed for 15% of their missing health.
If the enemy God hit is above 30 Hysteria, friendly spirits cleanse allies of slows and increases their movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40%.
Ability 3: Wrap It Up – Baron throws the snake from his staff forwards in a line. On hitting an enemy God, they take damage over time (every 0.5 seconds for 4 seconds) and are slowed followed by a root.
If the enemy God hit is over 30 Hysteria, the snake will also affect other enemies within the radius of the affected enemy. Additional enemies in the area are slowed followed by a root and will take the same amount of damage instantly rather than over 4 seconds on detonation. This ability also applies up to 40 Hysteria to an enemy, making it the most efficient way of applying Hysteria.
Ultimate: Life of the Party – Baron Samedi summons a coffin from the ground and summons enemies in the area towards it, taking damage every 0.33 seconds. The first enemy to reach the coffin has their soul ripped out, dealing a large amount of damage based on their total health, giving max Hysteria and leaving them stunned from 2 seconds. The ability makes Baron CC immune and grants him 50% damage reduction while channelling for the 3.5 second duration, however, this ability ends early when an enemy God reaches the coffin.
If the enemy God hit is above 30 Hysteria, the pull strength is increased.
Baron Samedi also has the tradition recolour, but will also have mastery Golden, Legendary and Diamond skins on release. The recolour looks so much better in game than it does on the card art, and I think I probably prefer it to the default skin. His animations are so well done and his design has definitely had a lot of work put into it. His recall animation is my favourite!
Baron Samedi’s Half Life skin has also been shown in the form of card art. This skin will be the reward for collecting all 9 items in the Voodoo chest as part of the Divine Uprising event. You can see this skin on my Divine Uprising post here!
Evil Spirits Bacchus is the first skin in patch 5.11 that is added to the Divine Uprising event. This skin will be available as part of the Voodoo section and will therefore be contained in the Voodoo Chest. I’m not a fan of this skin, but at least the concept is different to any of his other skins.
Plague Lord Hades is the second skin available as part of the Voodoo section in the Divine Uprising event. This skin will also be available in the Voodoo Chest with Evil Spirts Bacchus and the first Voodoo bundle (Loading Frame, Recall Skin, Global Emote). I like the ability effects and the colour scheme for this skin, but I’m not a huge fan.
Star Spangled Nike is the last skin with patch 5.11. This skin has a patriotic design for 4th July, so I assume this will be put in the Independence Chest. This skin has a VXG where Nike hovers in the air and can move around. The sound design is pretty good for the abilities but I imagine it could get rather annoying after a while.
There will also be 2 announcer packs also put into the Independence chest. These announcer packs are Ra’Merica and Constable Moosejaw to contribute to the patriotic theme.
Stone of Binding – The passive no longer stacks if multiple players buy the item.
Hide of the Urchin (Evolved) – Selling the evolved version will now remove the passive stacks.
Breastplate – Cost increased from 500 gold to 600 gold.
Silver Breastplate – Cost increased from 950 gold to 1050 gold due to changes to Breastplate. This price alteration does not make the Tier 3 items more expensive, they will remain at the same price as the previous patch.
Gladiator’s Shield – Physical power increased from 15 to 20.
Rod of Asclepius – Health decreased from 250 to 200, movement speed decreased from 10% to 7%.
Rod of Healing – Health decreased from 150 to 100, movement speed decreased from 7% to 5%.
Shaman’s Ring – Damage required to stack this item is now counted from post-mitigation damage and not pre-mitigation.
Void Shield – Cost decreased from 2700 gold to 2600 gold, health increased from 100 to 150.
There have been a lot of audio changes for instances such as Thor and Ra ultimates to improve the sound volume from distance. Check over the Official Patch Notes for more details on these changes.
Ah Muzen Cab:
- Bees! – No longer disarms enemies.
- Hives – Attack speed buff increased from 10/15/20/25/30% to 10/17.5/25/32.5/40%, movement speed buff increased from 5/10/15/20/25% to 10/15/20/25/30%.
- Love Birds – Magical power scaling of the heal (not damage) decreased from 15% per tick to 12.5% per tick (90% to 75% total)
- Across the Sky – Enemies hit by the last tick of Apollo’s ultimate will now be knocked up (straight up at a low height).
- Summon Suku – Strafe speed increased by changing hard cap from 175 to 225.
- Gravity Surge – Cooldown decreased from 90 seconds at all ranks to 90/85/80/75/70 seconds.
- Fortitude (passive) – Radius increased from 30 to 40 units.
- Abduct – While holding an enemy god hit by Abduct, Khepri now gains 10/15/20/25/30 physical and magical protections during the duration.
- Sickle Strike – Base damage increased from 60/105/150/195/140 to 60/110/160/210/260.
- Lord of the Afterlife – Cooldown decreased from 90 seconds at all ranks to 75 at all ranks.
- Searing Pain – Cooldown increased from 70/65/60/55/50 seconds to 80/75/70/65/60 seconds.
- Confusion – Movement speed increased from 20/25/30/35/40% to 30/32.5/35/27.5/40%.
- Fearless – Guard stance now disarms enemy gods for 1.5 seconds, guard stance damage increased from 40/90/140/190/240 to 70/120/170/220/270 and is now separate from the assault stance damage (assault stance damage remains the same).
- Dead of Night – Damage required to stack passive is now counted post damage mitigation.
- Darkest of Nights – Cooldown increased from 90 seconds to 110 seconds at all ranks.
- Itty Bitty Chee Bee AMC
- Orbital Scout Artemis
- Dark Matter Khepri
- Elegant Nemesis
- Sky Tech Zeus
Fantasy Point Store:
- Bae Watch Cu Chulainn
- Shaolin Monk-ey Hun Batz
- Crikeydile Sobek
Complete 3 FWOTD from Friday 15th June to Sunday 17th June to earn an enigma chest per day. 1 FWOTD on Xbox will give players 30 gems to apologise for the delays with patch 5.10.
As always, you can see the Official Patch Notes here!