It’s almost Hallowe’en! I love this time of year and it’s probably the best time for games in my opinion. This week we will see the release of more skins for the Halloween Chest and some spooky themed Odyssey Skins. The Skins are definitely the highlight of this patch, so I’ll start with those!
As always, if you haven’t seen the Official Patch Notes yet, follow the link.
Hallowe’en Skins first! Say hello to Grim Reaper Thanatos…
Honestly, when I heard that Thanatos was getting another Hallowe’en skin I was a little disappointed since he already has the awesome Jack the Reaper skin, but this one is probably the best looking skin I’ve seen for a while. The card art looks great, but the skin actually looks better and the effects are great too with grave stones appearing on the ult execute. The colour scheme is fantastic and the sound effects are really great too.
The sound design has been top notch for these Hallowe’en skins, including this Trick or Treat Cupid skin. A short music clip plays on his dash and all the other effects are really great. He shoots candycorn as his basic attacks and his ult looks great with the classic trick or treat bags. Would probably be better without his wings though…
There’s also a music pack and a Jack O Lantern jump stamp released with this patch which will also be included in the Halloween Chest.
Odyssey Skins now then. For all the Odyssey content so far, please refer to my Odyssey 2018 Content post.
So with this patch comes Mummified Izanami, Yurei Susano and Warchief Raijin.
I actually really like this skin as it suits her well. The voice pack is great and the ability effects are sand themed which ties to the Egyptian reference. Not sure if I’ll be buying this one as I own the Dreadful Doll skin (and that cost me a lot to own).
Love the card art for this one, but sadly it wasn’t really what I expected. I thought this skin was going to be more ghost related, but Susano looks more like a zombie here with ghosts tied into his ability effects. I would’ve liked to have seen him as the spirit himself like the name suggests with a spooky voice pack.
This skin for Raijin is a good variation to what we’ve seen for him before. I like the changes they have done with this skin, and it reminds of the recent Hou Yi one. The voice pack is fitting and the ability effects are pretty good too.
Hide of the Urchin – Increased cost from 2350 gold to 2450 gold. Both physical and magical protection has been decreased from 35 to 30.
Crusher – Increased attack speed from 15% to 20%.
Soul Reaver – Decreased cost from 2950 gold to 2750 gold.
- Dragon Call – Increased damage of Ranged Dragon from 15/20/25/30/35 to 20/25/30/25/40.
- Wild Storm – No longer triggers basic attack items or effects (e.g. Polynomicon) but will still trigger charges of Dragon Call. Base damage increased from 80-260 to 90-270.
- Feather Step – Decreased damage in the early game from 60/90/120/150/180 to 40/75/110/145/180.
- Moonlit Charge – Increased scaling of physical power from 60% to 70%.
- Berserk – Decreased base shield health from 40 to 20. Shield health per level increased from 23 to 24.
- Barbed Spear – Reduced Rage gained when hitting a non-God target from 6 to 5, and increased the Rage gained when hitting a God from 6 to 8.
- Salmon’s Leap – Reduced Rage gained when hitting a non-God target from 6 to 5, and increased the Rage gained when hitting a God from 6 to 8.
- Spear of Mortal Pain – Reduced Rage gained when hitting a non-God target from 6 to 5, and increased the Rage gained when hitting a God from 6 to 8.
- 72 Transformations – Decreased base damage of mink form from 90-330 to 70-310 and decreased duration of mink attack speed and movement speed buff from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Base movement speed increased from 360 to 365.
- Eagle Eye – Ammo increased from 3/3/3/4/4 to 3/3/4/4/4. Damage reduced from 10/15/20/20/25 to 10/15/15/20/25 (short range) and 0/5/10/10/15 to 0/5/5/10/15 (long range).
- Iajutsu – Cooldown reduced from 16-18 to 16 at all ranks.
- Mounted Archery – Damage adjustment to make the damage scale 55 power per level. Adjusted from 225/285/335/390/445 to 225/280/335/390/445.
- Fade Away – Reduced casting time before the leap from 0.65 seconds to 0.35 seconds.
- Dark Portal – Faster cast time (for both warm up and post fire)from 0.85 seconds to 0.6 seconds.
- Percussive Storm – Now has a radius of 6 at all times. Base damage decreased from 35-90 to 30-90.
- Raiju – Increased projectile speed by 20%.
- Thunder Crash – Raijin can now move during the cast time of the ability and will no longer be rooted to one spot before travelling.
- Taiko Drums – Players could sometimes become stuck and unable to cast during the ultimate, so additional support has been added to limit this happening.